See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Making a trip from the Eastcoast to the Westcoast througout the southside of the UK, we stayed in several B&B's. Searching for Swallows Rest in Callington, we met some friendly people in the village of Callington who showed us swiftley the way to the B&B. Miss Helena Scandrett, our hostess from this nice B&B, let us feel that we were very welcome in her B&B. We had several nice conversations and she gave us a lot of useful information concerning restaurants, going out- scene and visiting the surroundings of Callington. We were very charmed by her two friendly and fluffy cats. The room was very nice and wel accomodated. There was even a private bathroom with shower at our disposal. The breakfast was adapted to our likings and her self-made cookies are certainly delicious and tastful.
People who dislike this B&B will only be satisfied in a 5 star hotel, and even so.... When you are visiting Cornwall and you pass along Callington, don't hesitate to visit Swallows Rest!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The clue's in the name. Swallows Rest - there were swallows darting about outside the window. Lovely spot in a gorgeous little hamlet - great location looking out onto the hills at the edge of Bodmin Moor - AMAZING VIEWS!
Helena, the host is Cornish through and through and a warm Cornish welcome awaits anyone who steps through the door. She also knows pretty much everything there is to know about the local area - and shares her knowledge generously! Can't believe someone has had a bad experience here! It's a home from home in a secluded, almost secret location. The perfect getaway, but close enough to Launceston, the A30 and Plymouth to get around too. Gorgeous - thanks!! (Oh and very comfy beds!)

Room Tip: If it's available, ask for the double... but all the rooms have amazing views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ruth D
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I went and stayed at Swallows Rest for two nights. On arrival, I felt uncomfortable, and unwelcome. When I was shown to the room I stayed in, I was asked in a very unfriendly manner, what I would like for breakfast the next morning - The tone of voice used by the host, prompted me to say I wouldn't want breakfast. My response brought about a slight smile to her face. The room itself was small, and uncomfortable. The bathroom, exceptionally small and impractical. I would definitely NOT recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the B&B are better
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple