All reviews train station cabbage patch multi storey room was clean light sleeper ideal location town centre next door the ground floor reception staff min walk rugby match waitrose pubs stadium mirror richmond
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My second visit this year. I arrived after a long drive and parked in the nearby Aragon Road multi storey car park at 12:30pm on a Thursday. I left at 9:30am the next day for a price of just £8 which is the cheapest secure overnight parking ever.
The hotel is a very short walk from the car park and I was greeted by a very pleasant receptionist who assigned my room after asking if I had any preference. I was able to request a room away from the huge building project next door and went to room 301. I wanted a hot shower and found the water pressure and temperature was great but the shower would not drain quickly enough and the tray filled and overflowed after a minute or so. I reported this and was immediately reassigned a new room but they could not give me a double, just a twin room. My ne room, 303 was a disabled access room which was much bigger and had a large en suite walk in shower.
Twickenham railway station is a hundred yards up the road and the frequent trains into London are fast and clean.
There are so many great pubs and restaurants within a short stroll of the Travelodge and I love the hotel and the town as a short stay business trip with an easy commute to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side from the railway station/building site.
Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Typical Travelodge which is handy for Twickenham Stadium and the Stoop (about 15 minute walk).

Room is usual Travelodge style and was clean. Noise from trains started around 7am on Sunday morning which wasn't too bad. The building site next door I can imagine would be very noisy during the working week but that wasn't a problem on the Sunday.

Breakfast was very good, lots of choice and the food was hot. Bar staff in the bar were very friendly as we had a couple of drinks after the Rugby.

Parking is a five minute walk away at Waitrose which is a bit of a pain but for some reason was only charged 80p to park overnight on a Saturday, not that I am complaining!

Only gripe about this travelodge was the unfriendly chap on reception on check-in. He asked to see documentation even though I had given my name but he wouldn't check on the system and wanted to see documents. Was standing soaking wet with baggage so would have preferred not to have to do this but it was the way in which he spoke to me that I didn't care for.

Would only stay here again if it was to watch the Rugby

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I really don't have much to complain about. The room was excellent and clean. I didn't see a phone in the room and they didn't have a/c BUT the weather was very cool so it worked out perfectly. Even though there was a small fan in the room I definitely wouldn't book in the summer. Aside from lady bugs being all over the walls and curtains from the window being left open the room was very clean. My room was right next to the train station but I was too tired to be disturb by the trains. If you are a light sleeper you may want to request a room on the opposite side.

Gabriella at the front desk was so nice. I interacted with her before checking in and during check out. She went the extra mile to help me and even looked up trains and flights for me. Great customer service. I would definitely stay again... just not in the summer lol.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Great location,great staff, stopped in a luxury room would definitely stop again didnt have breakfast but they had a good choice, nice friendly bar. Within easy walking distance to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Room was clean and the bed was comfy, but the hotel is right next to the station and our room suffered from a lot of noise from the trains, more importantly, there was no hot water in the morning for a wash or shower

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple