“ Nice surroundings- shame about the service”

The Pheasantry Cafe
Ranked #41 of 74 Restaurants in Teddington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Visited bushy park and stopped here for a plate of chips and a drink from the kiosk. The hot chips were delivered and I asked where I could get salt - the waitress waved in the direction of the kiosk. After waiting to catch the attention of the guy in the kiosk I was told there was no salt and I would have to go to the cafe. After looking without success I asked the guy behind the counter (after a further wait) and he passed me an empty salt cellar and disappeared. So eventually I ate my now cold chips without and salt - yuk

1  Thank jillalexandra2015

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This place is amazing - in the middle of Busby park - perfect for families for a quick bite in the shade amongst the trees. Plus they serve the best pains au chocolat and croissants in south west London and as a French I have tried most of the places in Richmond, Kingston, Twickenham and Teddington. Finally the staff is super kind and always look after us.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I live in Hampton and over the years I have given this place another try, each time leaving bewildered at how it can operate in the fashion it does. The waitress was curt when serving and the food is poor. The bill an insult! We went outside for an ice cream from the van to lighten the mood, only to have the most pathetic 99 ever for £3.00. I questioned the size of the portion and pointed to the photo of a well sized ice cream only to be told it was the normal standard size. We felt conned as it didn't go in the cone. It sounds picky, but was a poor end to out experience at the cafe. I mean it now NEVER AGAIN.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The Pheasantry is in a beautiful location - in the middle of Woodland Gardens inside Bushy Park. It's a gem of a place to go to for for a break. Because it's so popular, it does tend to get busy at times - but the end result makes any wait well worth while.

1  Thank franky19702017
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a quick hot chocolate along with a sausage & egg bap - both were delicious and the staff efficient and helpful. Thanks!

1  Thank Ben D