All reviewsbooked this hotelsports facilitieshotel groundsworld championshipgymluxurydanubebikeenglishracetriathlonslovakiahorsessteakhousesphere
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the X-bionic Hotel during a triathlon race and it was everything we could have hoped for in terms of service, quality and space.

Modern rooms and facilities along with varieties of things to do, and eat at the hotel.

Friendly helpful staff and the room was spacious enough to store bikes and accessories.

I personally liked the fact that dogs are welcome and measure are taken to avoid conflict beetwen staff and dogs as shown in the picture

Price is a bit high but worth it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
xbionicsphere, Manažér pre styk s verejnosťou at X-BIONICR HOTEL, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Steinimas,

Thank you for leaving a review, it is our pleasure to make sure, that you has a fabulous expirience during your stay in x-bionic ® sphere. Did you know that x-bionic sphere organizes one of the most beautiful jumping shows in the Europe? We are sure, it will make your next stay unforgettable! For more information, check out our website and our facebook fun page.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We went to the hotel for a family weekend without any expectations. What we saw preceeded all of them. A very nice and pleasant hotel with a sporty atmosphere. Sports are dominant and hotels caters mainly for sport fans of all sorts. I love the pictures of ruler of Dubai along the corridors and "ambience" of hotel.

Front desk staff should learn better foreign language but given the fact that we are Slovak it did not matter. Wide corridors, spacious rooms, excellent outdoor facilities for children and adults alike as well as spa and pools. Everything was immaculate.The hotel charges quite steep prices in Slovak reality but that is actually the beauty of it. Good things cost money and X-bionic did not go for second rate products. The devil is in details and they managed them excellently. Their own cosmetics, shop everything is branded and for us the effect was wow. We greatly recommend this hotel and the only things which intrigues me is whether the hotel will be able to attract enough guests in this region at these prices. I honestly wish them a success. It seems owners love of horses and sports are embedded in the hotel soul. Thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms can accomodate up to 4 pax which makes it great place for family adventures.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
xbionicsphere, Manažér pre styk s verejnosťou at X-BIONICR HOTEL, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thanks for leaving a review, and mentioning all great facilities and posibilities. You’re right, it is one of the best out there! The team here at x-bionic® sphere is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we’re proud to be one of the best multifunctional complex in the Europe. Do not forget to checkout our Facebook pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Some really good things about this hotel and some really bad.

Rooms: The rooms are great, I had a junior suite. The layout is brilliant; a large bedroom, loads of storage space, nice shower room (no bath), two TVs (great that they've put them on the central dividing room so that noise doesn't transmit through the walls to neighbouring rooms), a separate hallway so light and noise doesn't filter into the bedroom, good curtains to keep the light out, lovely big windows / doors, nice bedding and lots spare, a little terrace area outside, nice sofa beds. Overall one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in. The downsides were that I could not get the air conditioning working and the room was quite warm. (No instructions for working it, it looked quite simple but nothing was happening). the heated towel rail didn't work unless the bathroom fan was on, and then switched off when the fan went off. The English TV channels were news only.

The Spa
Wow - the spa (28 euros). The facilities were terrific, loads of varieties of pools and rooms. BUT the big issue is that it is a compulsory nude spa (you are not allowed to wear a swimsuit). I find this really strange in a hotel that presumably is trying to appeal to international business travellers. All of my colleagues at the conference refused to go for this reason. (I wore a swimsuit, but was told off for it). When I went it was full of locals and frankly there was a lot of "activity" going on. I saw two couple having sex. All in all it was pretty grim and I left early. Because of the electronic wristbands there was a glitch and they tried to charge me for drinks I hadn't had, which took a bit of sorting out, but one of the staff was very apologetic about it. Treatments were quite expensive. (around 80 euros for a massage)

The Pool
you have to pay extra to use the pool (about 12 Euros for 3 hours including the fun pools, about 3.5 Euros for an hour and a half of lane swimming - you can pay for more sessions if you want longer, and you can pay on the way out if you go over time). The pool is 25m, not sure how many lanes wide 8 or 10. There are other activities going on such as lessons and aerobics, but always lanes open. Early evenings seemed to be the busiest time. Very deep water and high draft walls, so tumble turns are easier than touch turns. Good wave reducing lane dividers, backstroke flags. There are no exact rules apparently about who swims where - chain swimming or straight up and down - it's a matter of conversation I was told. So just be aware that you could swim into somebody. The changing rooms are great - I love the hairdryers! you use your electronic bracelet to operate the lockers. You can get into the pool via the spa or via the aqua reception which is outside, turn left out of the main reception. If the spa entrance is closed the aqua reception may well be open.

Restaurants
I used the Olympic which was pretty good for basic vegan food - veg, pasta / rice / fruit salad. Good value but the opening times were not sufficient and when I went down for dinner at the advertised time it was closed. (You pay to go in 15 - 20 Euros, then it's all you can eat canteen style).

Location
In the middle of nowhere. Once you're in the resort you pretty much have to stay there. Bratislava is about half an hour away at least and Vienna about an hour and a half. The local village is okay but not a destination as such. It's also a car drive away.

Other
My big problem with the hotel was things not being open when they are advertised. The pool (or at least the entrance to the pool via the spa, it was difficult to unpick which) was closed several times when I was told it would be open, which led me to getting up at 5.30 am when I needn't have done. Apparently there are many 'vacation days' in Slovakia when things are closed, so check when things are actually open - although several times I confirmed times with the reception desk which turned out to be incorrect - this is a major failing in the hotel as people with a sports regime will typically plan there eating and sports activities in advance and need to know what is available when. I would really advise them to be much clearer about this and provide accurate information. A one off would be acceptable but in a five day stay this happened to me four times.
As this is a sports hotel it is surprising that there is no facility to wash and dry your gym kit. There is the (expensive) laundry service, and the pool has whizzy machines to dry your swimsuit, but something in the rooms or corridors would be helpful.
Also while I was there a colleague had money stolen from her room by the cleaning staff, this was quickly dealt with by the management, but I would advise using the room safes. They also threw away items I wanted to keep, so be careful what you leave out.
Check out is 11am. I asked for late check out but they weren't able to do this without charging (everything was charged for, nothing complimentary even in apology for the multiple mess ups which were brushed aside).

I loved the rooms and if you can put up with things not being open when they're supposed to be and can work out the arrangements with the sports facilities - everything is behind barriers and paywalls, so it's not like a normal hotel where you just use the facilities which is really frustrating, and can put up with naked rutting locals then it's okay I guess.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Greengate66
xbionicsphere, Manažér pre oblasť vzťahov s hosťami at X-BIONICR HOTEL, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience. We’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed a few marks. We are working on all the isuess you mentioned. Hopefully, you do give us another chance to make things right and come visit us soon again!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This place is not just a hotel,it is a huge and complex place where you can find everything what you need for an active holiday. You can try 30 different sport activities in the hotel area. It has a huge gym, a very nice wellness section with thermal water and so many other opportunities to doing different sport activities during your stay. The rooms have huge spaces with a very comfortable bed and everything is quiet tidy and superior level. When you visit to Slovakia I really recommend to stay some night at this unique hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving a review, we are really happy to hear you had a really good time. Next time you’re here, we strongly recommend to spend some time in the x-bionic® wellness sphere for another flawless expirience. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very average. Bad service in the restaurant. Had to wait over 2 hours for food in one of the restaurant. The buffet was very dirty and not nice to eat from.

The reception was not very helpful.

Stayed: August 2017
xbionicsphere, Manažér pre oblasť vzťahov s hosťami at X-BIONICR HOTEL, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thanks for your review, we will look into your complaints.