“Unbeatable Thames side location Excellent beer.”

The London Apprentice
Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Isleworth
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you want a riverside drink or meal this is the place to come.

Outside seating right on the river bank, comfortable spacious dining areas and nice mellow feel.
Real ales (6 or7) include Fraid not, Band of brewers, Copperleaf (lovely), Scrum down and Green King IPA. Reasonably priced wines.
Interesting food menu.

Handy after a visit to Syon House.

Beware the parking area in front can flood at high tide as we found out!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is just the right place to chill out whether it is sunny or raining! The staff is so friendly. An excellent view of The Thames is just under your nose. A perfect place for food and drinks. You can find some local ales too. Was here for Sunday roasts and dinners. Never been disappointed with the food quality. It is a nice stop for drinks with a good outdoor seating area.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The pub has an excellent view, overseeing the river. It has a long history with plenty of seating (indoor and outdoor). Nice to visit if you want to escape the busy pub scene!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We found this pub while on the Capital Ring Walk. As a vegetarian I was very impressed with the offerings on the menu. I had the ‘open pie’ with Brie and Beetroot. Came with a lovely salad and great proper fries (none of your twice or triple cooked which I dislike). My three companions all enjoyed their meat meals. Service great.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Having visited in December for a few beers, I was keen to return with friends & our little ones to have a Sunday lunch. We reserved a table so didn’t need to wait for a space etc. We found the menu was quite limited and there wasn’t a specific Children’s menu to read. My wife wanted to have a roast beef but doesn’t like it rare, they said it wasn’t possible to ask for it to be more well. So she ordered a burger instead.

I ordered a roast beef and the same for our son (18months). When the food arrived we noticed straight away the beef wasn’t even close to rare so could have all ordered it. That’s fine but what wasn’t fine was the fact I had a large piece of glass on the side of my plate!!!

I called the server back to notify her of this problem and she was as shocked as me and said she would get it replaced. 5 or so mins later, another server brought a new meal over and apologied for the glass but couldn’t quite understand how it happen. And felt as though she was trying to pass off the blame as the kitchen (apparently) don’t have access to glasses?!

She then offered me a complimentary drink, but we asked whether we could have a small ice cream for our son which she agreed and said let me know when you want it.

We finished our lunch which was ok, I’ve had better roasts. The potatoes were clearly frozen and served with sprouts! If I went back I wouldn’t have a roast again I was very disappointed with the food given the cost. Anyway, we finished up and then asked if we could get the ice cream as agreed. We then waited (no joke) 35 minutes for it to arrive!! It would have been quicker for me to walk to the co-op buy one. We couldn’t figure out what took so long to put a single blob of ice cream in a dish.

Sadly I won’t be visiting for food again and won’t be recommending to friends or family. Such a shame as it has good potential but it seemed as the place was run by headless chickens.

Julio131313, General Manager at The London Apprentice, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to review us, we are very sorry to hear that your experience wasn't amazing, as this is what we strive for. Your feedback is appreciated and we will certainly put this towards our team development, which we are always improving. We do hope you'll return and we can change your opinion of us. The LA Team