“Family Room”

Travelodge Haydock St. Helens
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Haydock
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Visited the Haydock St. Helens Travelodge when up in Liverpool for football. Ideally located near to M6 motorway

Typical Travelodge. No frills but good value and clean

Ideal for a one night stay. We booked a family room which was ideal

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge Haydock St. Helens, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our Haydock St. Helens Travelodge. We are so pleased to learn that during your stay your room was clean. We're happy to note that the location was also ideal for your trip and we will be sure to pass your positive comments back to them. Thank you again for your helpful review and we hope you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Another good stay at Travelodge. You get what you pay for but you can't grumble with clean comfortable rooms for under £35 a night. Good location as we were overnighting after a day in Liverpool before going to Blackpool. Asda and Burger king within walking distance. Rooms are little warm for me even at the end of October. Travelodge really should start investing in air con. Road a little noisy but overall no problems.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Haydock St. Helens, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Thank you for your review. We’re pleased that you were happy with the location of the hotel and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We strive to give customers an enjoyable stay and we are happy to see that this has been achieved. Feedback such as yours is invaluable and we will ensure the hotel receives a copy of your comments. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Found the travelodge abit difficult to find, it's not sign posted very well although it's on a busy road. It's a very clean hotel, the beds are comfy and reception was very helpful. It's got a little chef across the car park which was good.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 19 October 2016

This hotel is a gem in an industrial area very keenly priced but very clean and the staff are always happy to help. There are three eateries and a super market that is open 24 hours a day with-in easy walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Thee staff were amazing, no fault there

I stayed 1 night 29th September 2016

The bed was a bit hard for me but not unbearable. The room was bright smelt nice was large but very hot. The heating was on when it wasn't cold. I needed a fan and was supplied with one which wasn't any bother to the member of staff. I needed the fan on all night

I had the family room as I have disabilities and needed space for my walker and assistance dog. My assistance dog was accepted with open arms with no awkward questions or interrogation

I was offered help all the time, the staff were very attentive

I haven't give 5 stars because guest were allowed to smoke outside the main entrance. I have asthma and I'm allergic to the chemicals in cigarettes. One particular guest had walked up and down the path smoking from the entrance to car park and it was vile. I mentioned this at reception and gave a few suggestions where to ask people to stand and smoke. I was told they didn't want to encourage smoking, but guest were so offer them a place away from the main entrance.

I was in the disabled bay and the bins were place either side of the footpath to the hotel entrance and right in front of the disabled bay. I was adjusting my cases and shopping and had to tolerate the smoking which wasn't very nice

Wifi was free for 30 minutes then a £3 charge, this is unacceptable and needs to be changed, it should be free and the hotel shouldn't be making a profit out of it

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haydock
0.2 km away
3.7 km away
Premier Inn St. Helens (A580/East Lancs) Hotel
2 km away
Good Night Inns Bay Horse Hotel

Been to Travelodge Haydock St. Helens? Share your experiences!