“What a way to celebrate my 50th!”
Review of The Fat Duck

The Fat Duck
Price range: USD 276 - USD 276
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

All I can say is wow! I am a massive fan of Heston and was super excited to be going here.
From the moment you arrive until when you leave the service is exceptional.
The whole experience was amazing, the attention to detail superb. I absolutely loved the way they personalised some things just for my friend and I. Really special touch.
Ok, there was some taste sensations I wasn't keen on, but there is 17 courses and you can't be expected to like them all. But I really loved the way it made you think, it looks like an ice cream but tastes like crab!
For me it was a once in a lifetime experience. I won't go again (unless someone wants to pay for me ).
I will treasure the memories forever, Thank you to all at The Fat Duck!

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank sprincey
Write a ReviewReviews (1,904)

Reviewed 2 August 2018

as above, tastes ok but nothing special, ok for a kiddies party perhaps, will I return? highly doubt it

9  Thank DaneSanderson84
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Went here with my partner on the 20th of July to celebrate my 30th birthday and I would struggle to think of anywhere better to have celebrated.

First off I am a huge fan of Heston and his style of cooking so I already knew about 50% of the dishes that we were going to be served. There were still a lot of surprises and the personalisation elevated the entire experience far beyond what I was expecting.

I'm not going to go into any detail about any of the courses as I wish I hadn't known as much before I went but, as I said above, there were some surprises that I wouldn't have been able to find now matter how hard I looked.

From the moment we walked up to the building until the moment we left, we were treated exceptionally well. The level of service is very much on par with the quality of the food.

To keep it short and sweet, I wish I could rate this restaurant 6 out of 5 but unfortunately I can't.

PS. For anyone thinking that this is an overly priced restaurant I highly doubt you would feel that after you have been. We were there for 4 hours with non stop service, the level of detail in every dish and the quality of the ingredients make this worth the price tag.

4  Thank Scott J
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

If you are reading this then I will try and not spoil the amazing experience.

The attention to detail is amazing, you will be surprised and delighted throughout your journey.

We started with drinks at the Hinds Head, try the Quavers, great cocktails and also one of my favourite Italian lagers as well as modern IPA’s

The food is beautiful as you would expect and challenges the senses.

We chose not to do the wine pairing instead went with Sancerre which went well with everything we eat.

2  Thank varney
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Every thing is not as it seems from the moment you walk through the front door especially if you’ve had a few drinks in the pub first the food was absolutely amazing and even though it lasted about 4 hours with all the courses I still felt a bit rushed but never the less would go again

Date of visit: February 2018