“A fantastic venue”
Review of Stocco Restaurant

Stocco Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 320 Restaurants in Oldham
Price range: USD 9 - USD 29
Description: Stocco serves a wide range of fantastic quality Italian cuisine at prices everyone can enjoy.
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Wow! Just been to Stocco for an all impromptu family dinner, great service, fantastic food & lovely vibe. Excellent value, and would happily recommend to anyone

2  Thank Neil_Wilson1

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Booked in on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm. not busy at all, we had a table for 10 reserved, drinks were ordered as we settled down to study the menu, I ordered rib eye steak that was cooked to perfection but with the smallest amount of pepper sauce I have ever seen, veg portions very small also, not a lot of choice on the meat menu. All in all a nice place to eat with good Italian staff serving food & drinks.

1  Thank myjoelly
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We were impressed by Stoccos on our first visit we were offered complimentary olives and some good advice with our wine choice.The dishes on offer are not specific to one region of Italy but cherry pick the best dishes.The pizza was good as was the pasta.
On our next visit we had sardines,there was no bread provided and we bought some ,this was a teeny tiny portion when the staff saw this hadn't touched the sides they kindly provide some additional complimentary ciabbatta.
Desserts are rich and delicious and the coffee is good.A friendly place for a good meal.

1  Thank mc m
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I was expecting an ‘ok’ experience- this is Oldham after all. Stucco is nothing short of excellent. Great atmosphere (very busy!) and great service. The food was excellent too! I was a little ‘disappointed’ that the menu seemed ‘typical’; but the food definitely made up for that. No complaints at all.
We had four courses and that is testimony all that preceded. If it wasn’t good - we wouldn’t have carried on! I was even accommodated with a dessert that wasn’t on the menu! Perfect!
Absolutely must try...

2  Thank Russ L
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We were recommended to try this restaurant many months ago , but never got round to it. So to celebrate our anniversary we decided to go. What a treat, from the minute you enter the beautifully decorated surroundings. We hadn't booked as it was only a Wednesday, but there were quite a few in already (6pm). We were shown to a table by a very friendly waiter. He gave us the menu and left us to peruse it. The dishes were so different from other Italian restaurants. One waiter came over to see if we needed any help with our choice and his knowledge was really helpful. We eventually decided on Mussels in wine with fine slices of garlic. Delicious, the softest tastiest mussels ever. My husband had monkfish on a bed of risotto. It was so tasty and fresh. I had the lobster ravioli. Ohhhhh what can I say? the most mouthwatering pasta dish I have ever had. We had crisp white wine with the meal and finished with a lemon posset dessert. Just perfectly sweet yet sharp. Irish coffee to end the evening and a tiny glass of lemoncello. I shall recommend this to all I know. The prices aren't too expensive considering the quality of the food. All the staff that served us were Italian which leant itself to the whole experience, we felt like we were on the Riviera. The staff were extremely attentive but never over fussy. Cant wait to go again Thanks

1  Thank jenny b