“The first rule of Arcade Club is.....”
Review of Arcade Club

Arcade Club
Ranked #1 of 17 Fun & Games in Bury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Arcade Club is the Largest Video & Pinball Arcade in the UK, once you have paid for entry, All the Video Games & Pinball Machines in the Arcade are Free to play as much as you like! :) Entry prices are £10 for Adults and £5 for under 16's, we are a family run business and take pride in being helpful and honest and being fairly priced for families (For instance Cans/Chocolate/Tea/Coffee starts at only 60p! :) ) The games in Arcade Club are all original machines (some being over 40 years old!) and are in original condition and maintained to their original specifications wherever possible! we have over 250 machines to play on and rotate the games to keep the Arcade fresh - they'll always be something new you've not seen here when you visit! ;) Hope to see you Soon, Andy
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As an old-skool (80's-90's) gamer, I have a certain fondness for all the old classics that I remember as a kid. During a recent internet hunt, I found the website for Arcade Club, so whilst working nearby, decided to pay it a visit.
It's tucked away down a back street, in a rather incognito building, with free parking. The signs lead you to the box office, you pay your entrance fee, walk up some stairs...and then you hear the familiar sounds of old friends.
I was amazed! I expected there to be a small collection of old machines, in a room populated by mid-life crisis aged guys with halitosis and BO, wearing Iron Maiden t-shirts, reminiscing about the old days, hogging the machines.
What I found was lots of excited kids running from one machine to the next, families enjoying showing their children memories of their youth, no struggle to get on the machines, and a huge room filled with more machines than I have ever seen in one place, even including the size of the fairground arcades from when I was a kid.
The machines are brilliantly maintained (I think there were only a couple out of action), and all on free play.
I only spent time on the first floor due to time constraints, but what a time it was! If you're thinking about going, and you're remotely interested in arcade games, don't hesitate. It's well worth the entrance fee.
I didn't use the bar or try the food, so can't comment on that, but the rest was fantastic. There was also an array of PC's set up for mass Minecraft and Trackmania sessions.
Excellent value, and great fun. I'm going to be bringing my 11yo up at some point in the future, he'll love it.

1  Thank APR1971
"unlimited play"
"including alcohol"
"high score"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Have visited here a couple of times now and will undoubtedly become a regular. I am a fan of the old 70s and early 80s games having grown up playing on Boot Hill, pong, breakout, Atari 2600 ect. On my last visit I played most of my old favourites including; Space invaders, Asteroids (with super bright screen), Pac man, 1942, Scramble (right hand bomb button not working fully when I visited) Donkey kong, Gorf, Quix, Phoenix, Robotron, Defender, Galaxian, Crazy Kong, Frogger, Missile command with trackball! plus many more, the only 80s game I couldn't find was moon cresta.
I had a great time and only left because I started getting neck ache after about 6 hours of gaming! The snacks were basic but good and reasonably priced. Excellent value.
it was school holidays when I visited and lots of young kids were in, but I remembered I used to be a kid playing these games years ago! But next visit I will go on an adults only day. I loved the pinball machines too, but they were very busy (would like to see just a tiny bit more lighting near the pinball machines as I found it hard to see). I visited the pinball hall of fame in Las Vegas last year which was great, which also has retro video games, but this arcade is better as all machines are on free play once you have paid your entry.
The place is inside Ela Mill in Bury, put Cork street Bury in the sat nav.

Highly recommended if you enjoy old school gaming and worth travelling to. It is truly a museum of gaming history. They also have lots and lots more machines with later 80s and 90s games. Plus there is a modern gaming floor upstairs with VR and other stuff for a small extra fee.

It must have taken a lot of effort to put this WORLD CLASS collection together and keep it all running you should be proud, well done and keep up the good work! I will be a regular for sure and back soon :)

1  Thank daveblinx
Reviewed 3 April 2018

When you walk through the door into the big arcade upstairs full off the greatest cabinets ever made you have one of those "by the power of grey skull" moments. You name a classic arcade game and you will find it here, Galaga, Space Invaders, Outrun, Sega Rally... the list goes on and on. You can lose yourself for hours easily. The first floor is a slightly different proposition, this is open to over 18's only and caters to that audience well. My only real criticism of this place is the offering of food and lack of seating on the top floor, you are limited to a choice of microwaved hamburgers, tinned hotdogs or undercooked looking pies and sausage rolls. The price of these items reflects the quality of the food on offer which is very low. Also when it gets busy it is a struggle to find a place to sit as the emphasis is on squeezing as many machines into the space as possible to keep you entertained at all times. I will definitely return, possibly with the other half on a date night but until the standard of food improves I would suggest heading into nearby bury town centre to fuel your gaming session of a lifetime.

ArcadeClub, Owner at Arcade Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi, thank you for the review, it appears the quality of food has slipped on this floor :( - my apologies for that - I am currently addressing this issue and rest assured it will be fixed permanently.

please ask for Andy when you visit next

Andy Palmer

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is year two of my son and my annual pilgrimage to geek out in 80s arcade culture. Fantastic venue. All the games of my childhood are lovingly restored and set to free play. It really is a bargain to get in. Drinks and snacks are ridiculously cheap. The staff are lovely. The clientele are all geeks. You can’t help but feel like a kid again. I love being able to share this part of my youth with my son. Best of all... I have a chance of beating him - these are MY games ;) Can’t wait for next year. Keep up the fantastic work. Thank you again for sharing your passion with the rest of us geeks.

2  Thank cranialscratch