“First time tapas”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Warm Welcome to The BoatHouse The Boat House is Worcestershire's new tapas restaurant and wine bar serving Mediterranean and British tapas dishes for lunch or evening meals. We are also open for drinks and coffees. The Boat House also boasts the best view in town with outside seating and balcony areas overlooking the river. Tapas is made up of small dishes, appetisers or snacks and is a great way to enjoy a variety of tastes and flavours you may order as few or as many dishes as you like. All our taps dishes are freshly prepared with love from our experienced kitchen team. After placing your order if you wish to add dishes or try anything else please feel free to ask. The serving of tapas is designed to encourage conversation because people are not so focused on eating an entire meal set out before them. We encourage a relaxed way of dinning, we hope you enjoy your experience with us at the Boat House and if you require anything at all however big or small please feel free to ask, we are here to help. Enter as a customer, leave as a friend!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We`ve tried tapas for first time a few weeks ago at The Boathouse in Upton upon Severn.
Because we wanted to taste kind of everything we went for "kings". The food was amazing and we couldn`t finish it. Really enjoyed it. Kyle and the team are fantastic.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to the upstairs restaurant on several occasions and very much enjoy the food. I heard that The Boat House has a new bar on the ground floor and wanted to try it out. Me and my companions were greeted with a warm welcome by Kyle and his staff and the bar is very tastefully furnished with a warm cosy feel. I tried a few different gins (would love to have tried more!) but there are many more to try! The bar staff can help you to decide which ones you might like. There is a large cocktail list as well as the usual beers etc that you’d expect. Really enjoyed the evening, great atmosphere and I can’t wait to return and try a few more gins! I really think Kyle’s got it weighed up.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in here for a quick lunch and it was fab. £20 for 5 tapas at lunch and staff were great with gluten allergy. Very very tasty and quaint venue

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The tapas excellent and all home cooked. Its served in relays so there is always piping hot food to eat. Great ambiance and good entertainment. Very reasonably priced and helpful waiting staff.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and myself stayed in Upton upon Severn (Old Street B&B) for a weekend break. Our host Darrell suggested we dined here as the tapas menu was excellent which it turned out to be.
The restaurant was very busy and our reserved table which Darrell organised was located in a prime position as there was a live band performing later on in the evening. The service was fantastic and we were looked after all night by Mary and Jack; thanks to you both.
Kate Gee Band were really good with the lead guitarist playing in the style of Peter Green (Fleetwood Mac). The guy playing an electronic glockenspiel which I had never heard before was a revelation and added a great dimension.
Overall a fantastic night and we were made to feel very welcome so well done The Boat house.
We shall return.
Martin and Jacqui

2  Thank Martin S
khass2014, Owner at The Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Martin and Jacqui,

Thank you for your kind review, it was great to meet you both and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us. I will pass on your feedback to Jack and Mary, I look forward to seeing you again soon during your next trip to Upton on Severn

Many thanks