All reviews tasting menu le mazot swiss chalet private cinema afternoon tea salt scrub martin burge michelin star upgraded to a suite main restaurant special treat moment you arrive the general manager beautiful hotel highest standard drawing room english countryside
Reviewed 18 May 2018

My wife & I (along with our Chihuahua,Tuco) enjoyed a 3 night stay here following the May Bank Holiday. Greeting and assistance on arrival, first class.All staff very helpful and friendly,breakfasts and evening meals also first class. The grounds are extensive and full of little surprises (summerhouses ,fountains,secret gardens etc) and all beautifully manicured. Tuco was made to feel as welcome as we were,and enjoyed the great walks available. Our room was immaculate with very comfortable superking size bed,plenty of seating to read or watch television,and a really good size and well equipped bathroom. Very pleased as well to have a small fridge /freezer/mini bar in the room..
Difficult to fault anything - not cheap at all but the quality justifies it.(Wine I would say, was the only item somewhat overpriced)
Obviously, our break was not during school holidays or main summer holiday period,so a lot of the time we had the gardens to ourselves and really felt 'away from it all'
Similarly the lounges and bar area wasn't too busy,adding to the overall peaceful experience.
We didn't have a chance to try out the Spa/pool but it looked so relaxing.
Not sure if we would enjoy 'peak season'so much,but for the time we were there it really was good. Will definitely return.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Went tor an afternoon tea, what a truly superb experience, the building us amazing, looks inviting, beautiful settings, the inside is truly fabulous , very classy and open. We were greeted by a very helpful member of staff who engaged with us straightaway and made us feel very comfortable . We were shown to a lovely spacious lounge and given time to peruse the tea menu. We were asked if we had any dislikes for our food.

The choice of teas was lovely, some safe ones and done more diverse ones, def recommend the curve green, mellow and light.

The food was very fresh, prob erring on the safe side, but nonetheless tasty.

We were left to enjoy our time there, although they were busy, we were not rushed.

A beautiful building, if anything I would allow far more time and flat shoes and take myself off into the gardens to explore.

It appears that there is a spa and also cinema lunches which we will definitely be booking for.

Staff very helpful and appeared to enjoy their job.

All in all, a truly loverly experience , thank you all

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol19580916
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We did enjoy our stay. We had three rooms. One for my wife and myself which was a suite and two for our children who were working for their exams.

Our suite had a mezzanine but it not seem to work. The sitting room upstairs was not a family space and perhaps it would have been better to have had the bed upstairs. The two bathrooms were small and the showers slightly plastic. The water went from hot to cold and the heated floor was cold near the lavatory.

We enjoyed the 'Dinning Room' and I will write a separate review for that but the main restaurant had a menu that was too small for anyone staying for more than one day.

The spa however, was a big hit for my wife and daughter. I had lunch there twice and on one occasion I overheard a mother and daughter having a treatment for the daughter's 18th birthday and it looked just the place for that.

I went for a walk and the gardener showed me round. This was a highlight for me and he did not have to this. Clearly the products in the kitchen are fresh and locally grown.

The price was high. For two nights it was in the region of £3000.00 but we had three rooms and went to town in the spa and restaurant.

The staff tried hard but were slightly clumsy on the social side and you got the impression that they did not all have a professional five star training.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Thomas I
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Having finally located reception my wife and I were made very welcome by the staff there and promptly shown through to the restaurant.
Overall it was a little pretentious for our liking but the food was excellent and my main course (roast sirloin) proved to be a very large plateful.
My starter of duck samosas was very tasty and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her prawn starter followed by sea bream main course.
Thank goodness we had the gift voucher though because the cost of individual items, drinks especially, is very high - hence the "Average" value score below.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Whatley Manor for afternoon tea for our anniversary and left with great memories - what a place and a superb afternoon tea.

The hotel and grounds are stunning and very well kept, we walked around the gardens which are beautiful even in April.

The afternoon tea was one of the best we have eaten - and we love an afternoon tea and have enjoyed many in different countries. Every item on the plate was individual, fresh and very tasty. Simply scrumptious.

We look forward to returning to enjoy more of Whatley Manor.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple