Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa
The Old Bell Hotel(Malmesbury)
USD 158
USD 101
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 112/night.

USD 126
USD 138
USD 84
USD 82
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 93/night.

Snooty Fox Hotel(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
USD 171
USD 158
  • Restaurant
USD 237
The Ormond at Tetbury(Tetbury)(Great Value!)
USD 95
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 119/night.

All reviewstasting menule mazotswiss chaletsalt scrubafternoon teamartin burgemichelin starprivate cinemamain restaurantupgraded to a suitethe general manageramuse bouchemoment you arrivepetit fourspure luxurybeautiful hotelspecial occasion
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We did enjoy our stay. We had three rooms. One for my wife and myself which was a suite and two for our children who were working for their exams.

Our suite had a mezzanine but it not seem to work. The sitting room upstairs was not a family space and perhaps it would have been better to have had the bed upstairs. The two bathrooms were small and the showers slightly plastic. The water went from hot to cold and the heated floor was cold near the lavatory.

We enjoyed the 'Dinning Room' and I will write a separate review for that but the main restaurant had a menu that was too small for anyone staying for more than one day.

The spa however, was a big hit for my wife and daughter. I had lunch there twice and on one occasion I overheard a mother and daughter having a treatment for the daughter's 18th birthday and it looked just the place for that.

I went for a walk and the gardener showed me round. This was a highlight for me and he did not have to this. Clearly the products in the kitchen are fresh and locally grown.

The price was high. For two nights it was in the region of £3000.00 but we had three rooms and went to town in the spa and restaurant.

The staff tried hard but were slightly clumsy on the social side and you got the impression that they did not all have a professional five star training.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Thomas I
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Having finally located reception my wife and I were made very welcome by the staff there and promptly shown through to the restaurant.
Overall it was a little pretentious for our liking but the food was excellent and my main course (roast sirloin) proved to be a very large plateful.
My starter of duck samosas was very tasty and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her prawn starter followed by sea bream main course.
Thank goodness we had the gift voucher though because the cost of individual items, drinks especially, is very high - hence the "Average" value score below.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Whatley Manor for afternoon tea for our anniversary and left with great memories - what a place and a superb afternoon tea.

The hotel and grounds are stunning and very well kept, we walked around the gardens which are beautiful even in April.

The afternoon tea was one of the best we have eaten - and we love an afternoon tea and have enjoyed many in different countries. Every item on the plate was individual, fresh and very tasty. Simply scrumptious.

We look forward to returning to enjoy more of Whatley Manor.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

This lovely hotel is in a great position in the Cotswolds.
Log fires to sit round in winter, and terraces and a pretty garden to sit in, during warmer days.
There are lots of interesting places to visit from here.

But sadly, the hotel is now in need of some refurbishment.
The main areas are looking a bit tatty & somewhat dated.
Gloomy colours & chipped paint along the corridors and some of the bedrooms are old fashioned and definitely need updating.
The hotel would also benefit by having a few more colourful flower arrangements.

Having said this, the staff are lovely. Friendly, helpful & efficient.
Ben at Reception & Elliott who helped us with our bags, were exceptionally good.
The hotel is clearly beautifully run by Sue Williams, the efficient manager.

The Spa is excellent with a salt scrub room & steam rooms.
Ruth gave me the best massage imaginable.
But even the Spa could do with a slight modernisation.

We stayed for two nights, but even if I had wanted to stay longer I would never do this as the restaurant situation is so ridiculous.
The Dining room - which is stark and completely lacking in atmosphere - ONLY offers a 12 course tasting menu at £120 (without wine).
This is all beautifully prepared by the excellent Michelin starred chef Niall Keating.
The staff here, especially Katrina, are well trained and explain each course.
But WHY are guests being forced to have a tasting menu ?
You would only want to eat that once and in any case a lot of people would prefer the choice from an a la carte menu.
The alternative is to go out to a local pub or restaurant or eat in Grey’s Brasserie, the newly refurbished second restaurant, but frankly the menu here is inadequate and doesn’t offer a good enough selection of dishes to make you want to go there more than once, either. ‘Welsh Rarebit’ and ‘pickled herrings’ are not good enough to serve as a starter, in a place like this.
And at breakfast the choice is the smallest I have ever seen in an hotel.

There are comfy bedrooms with Bang and Olufsen TVs & the atmosphere at the hotel is lovely. The whole experience is very calm and relaxing.
So it saddens me to have to find fault in such a lovely place, in which I have stayed five times since it opened. But to keep Whatley Manor to the standard it has always been, then gradual and continuous ‘upkeep’ is essential.
(Loo paper 3/5 with corners!)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank madeleine_rijndorp
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We finally got around to taking up the gift treat of afternoon tea at Whatley Manor given to us by our daughter and her boyfriend. She had previously visited when her boyfriend had taken her there to propose and they thought that they would treat us as they had found Whatley Manor to be very very special.

After being warmly greeted by the reception staff we enjoyed a walk around the beautiful grounds and gardens before taking our tea on the terrace in beautiful sunshine.

The staff are friendly, polite, helpful and quietly efficient and the afternoon tea provided is simply excellent; in fact the best we have had.......ever. Thank you Whatley Manor.

Definitely worth a revisit.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple