“Great curry, lovely restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hussain's - CLOSED

Hussain's
Price range: USD 13 - USD 19
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Hussain's Brighouse has now closed up shop. We are really sorry for all of those that have supported us over the years. Hussain'at Lindley in Huddersfield (just 10 minutes from Brighouse !) Is still going strong and welcomes all of those that like what we do. You'll find the same menu but it's menu only - sorry no buffet. Sorry once again. Hussain's.
Cleckheaton, England, United Kingdom
“Great curry, lovely restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Partner had been here before with a mate and had a great time!
Went down one Saturday night with some friends from Manchester. Really lovely restaurant, nicely decorated and laid out. Including the brilliantly done, if not slightly random, ice cream van murial! Brilliant!
Food was ace! One of the nicest curries I've had in ages. Nicely spicey!!
Nice staff, and all very well priced! Not overly expensive at all!
Will definately go again!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Michael S

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best curry in 10 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

The ground floor reception area promises something sophisticated and the service was very prompt. I've had probably a few hundred curries in my life and the vast majority conform to a certain stereotype- stodgy and spicy food with a similar set of choices. Firstly, the chutneys and pickles with the poppadoms- wow, 8, all of which were different and surprising (raita was spicy not just runny mint yoghurt, mango was piquant). Then the main courses were tasty, not too spicy, lots of flavours to enjoy and some decent accompaniments. Nice ambience- possibly helped in that it was a quiet Tuesday night. Excellent, attentive service- water brought without asking for it, advice on how to enjoy the food (crush the chilli if you want more heat). Amazingly good and really good value.

• Visited February 2013
karachiboxer, Owner at Hussain's, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear Simonpyne,
it is very rare indeed to read comments from a Diner that is this receptive and aware. This is most gratifying. I hope we can be of service in future - Hussain's is really serious about sending people away having experienced something that is very distinct from the norm.

Many many thanks,

Shehzad Hussain.
Derbyshire
“Lovely decor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

Not a fan of a burning mouth running eyes and a runny nose I was sceptical as to what my food would be like.
No biryani on the menu I was told it could be made for me. I said no chilli I enjoy the flavour not the burn.
I was very disappointed. The lamb did not taste like lamb the pieces were tiny not healthy chunks and it was far too hot for me. The vegetable sauce was like a purée floating in red oil. No wonder it was not on the menu. The party I was with bar one were reasonably happy with their food.
I personally would try again but maybe a korma for me a safer option. Great attentive service beautiful decor.

karachiboxer, Owner at Hussain's, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear Alwayssmiling1,
I am sad to read the wording of your review after hearing that my team went to great efforts to try and ensure that you were happy with your meal. They feel misled that you were happy when you were actually disgruntled. We only use fresh, lean lamb and it's deliberately cut really small because we batch cook during service. I have discussed with the Chef how he might better neutralise certain components to better satisfy the palate that demands no chillies.
We really don't want anyone leaving us unhappy.

Shehzad Hussain.
“What no buffet?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

I dined at my local branch of Street last year with great praise so decided to try their brighouse buffet branch or what was the buffet and was called street !!?? I was confused to say the least. We ordered from the menu in comfy moorish styled lounge and were served dinner upstairs. Real tardis this place, much bigger than you expect. Really opens up when you get upstairs. As we were yacking on about buffet the owner suggested a selection of 6 starters and 4 mains promising we'd eat well for less the cost of the old buffet. The food was as good as Akbars and better presented. Service was prompt, cheery. Even the sweets were home made. High quality this place - leagues above standard curry house fayre. Well done Hussain's / Street or whatever your name is !!!!! Save me some money on driving to Bradford as their Huddersfield branch apparrently serves the same menu.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Really enjoyed our evening at Hussain's. When we booked we were disappointed the buffet was no longer on, but we were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant style. The food was brilliant. The service was warm, friendly and attentive. The new prices were also excellent value for money. We will most certainly be back and would recommend to anyone who appreciates great food.

• Visited January 2013