“Mejor Restaurante en San Juan del Sur - (Best restaurant in San Juan Del Sur.....by far!)”
Review of El Pescador

El Pescador
Reviewed 1 January 2016

We have lived in Nicaragua for about three years now. Since our first dinner at El Pescador, no visit to SJDS is complete without checking in with Dona Estrella (the restaurant's owner). The food is amazing, reasonably priced and we are always made to feel right at home. If you are looking for service that will exceed your expectations and high quality food, this is your place!

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 26 August 2015

I ordered one of the smaller sized red snapper dishes and they brought out a fish that was the size of my forearm. LOL. I'm not kidding. It was only about $8 USD for a gigantic snapper and several sides. We also got lobster dishes that were amazing and inexpensive. We went there almost every day of our trip. It was seriously that good, and trust me when I tell you that I'm really picky.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 26 June 2015

El Pescador is a small restaurant located right on the beach in San Juan del Sur. There are many restaurants to choose from in town, but this should be one of your first choices. The service is excellent, and the seafood is brought in fresh every few days. They will tell you what was brought in on what day so you know what is the freshest. We had camarones al ajillo (garlic shrimp) and langosta al ajillo (garlic lobster). There aren't many places you can get a generous portion of fresh lobster for $14 USD! The mixed ceviche was also delicious.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Our family of four (my wife and I, plus two so sons, ages 17 & 19) enjoyed a delightful meal at El a Pescador this evening. We were the only people in the restaurant, which kind of scared us, but it was the feast of San Juan, so most people were in the heart of town for the night. The ceviche, Chicken with rice, Shrimp in Garlic Oil, steak and pork dishes were all large and very tasty. Service was attentive, although I guess it had to be because our table was the only one being served! Overall, the quality of the food exceeded our expectations and the price was very reasonable ($75 with a tip), and that included several glasses of wine.

1  Thank RockyTagliata
Reviewed 19 June 2015

This restaurant was not quite as busy as the other seafood restaurants around but we decided to give it a try. My boyfriend and I were the only people at the restaurant for a little while until a few other trickled in. We ordered pina coladas to drink which were good. This restaurant was about the same price as the other seafood restaurants-expensive for Nicaragua but inexpensive for seafood. The waiter was attentive and the drinks and food came out quickly.

I ordered the shrimp pasta which was just okay. I think the average person would have enjoyed it more than me. The sauce was creamy and cheesy which made it rich but I prefer more of a tomato sauce. My boyfriend ordered the lobster with garlic sauce which was just okay. The lobster was chewy- we were not sure if that was due to the type of lobster or being overcooked. The lobster did not come with any options for sides and was served with french fries and plain rice. Not the sides I would have chosen.