“Breakfast with a view!”
Review of Restaurante Ines

Restaurante Ines
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I wanted to have breakfast at a place with a wonderful view of the San Juan del Sur bay for my last day in town. I had spotted Ines for a Happy Hour/sunset option, but it was always packed.

But for breakfast, the place was all but empty. Prices are similar to what you'll pay anywhere on the beach. I got eggs, bacon, toast and jam, and coffee for about 6$, which isn't too bad.

The view was spectacular, which made it worth paying a bit more than what I was accustomed to.

The food was good, but the service was relatively slow. Considering that there were 3 customers in the restaurant, that was surprising.

Still, if you're in no hurry, Ines is an option to consider if you're looking for a breakfast with a view!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went to eat on January 2nd 2018 for dinner we ordered churrasco and ceviche mixto And two Victoria classic beers. We didn’t event wait 2 min and we received the beers, awesome, we started to drink the beer and they were warm so we thought the weather must been so hot to get the beer warm fast.After 10 min we receive the order which was great. My girlfriend started to cut the meat and it seemed a little rough, but we thought maybe was the knife that wasn’t appropriate to cut the meat, but no it wasn’t the meat appropriate tor the order we had. It was supposed to be a piece of meat soft, a filete, but instead it was a tough piece of meat that it took for ever to finish.
I ordered a ceviche mixto which it was supposed to have pescado, langosta y Cameron (fish, lobster and shrimps). I started to eat my ceviche which it had a great taste and good amount of acid taste. When I started to turn the ceviche to see where were the pieces of lobster I noticed that there were none so we called the server and asked him what was supposed to be as expected with fish, lobster and shrimps so we showed the that there was no piece of lobster and he went to talk with the staff in the kitchen and when he came back he said that the chef put one little piece in the ceviche cut in three pieces. Now I have tastes ceviche mixto before matter of fact I had it for lunch in another restaurant and I definitively tasted and eaten lobster in that one to know how it taste. The server goes back and talk with the manager/chef and asked for adjustment of price as we requested since there was no lobster (the price for ceviche mixto was 390 Córdoba and the price for ceviche fish/shrimp was 260), the sever comes back and now tell us that they compensated the ceviche with extra shrimps but shrimps aren’t lobster so the server tells us that the only thing they can do is to pay the bill in cash and they won’t apply the taxes, we didn’t have enough cash with us so we paid with card for the total of 780 Córdoba (they omitted the taxes anyway). We paid as full price as we ate ceviche mixto and a good meat. Food was ok but disappointed with honesty and customer service.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Having asked in the hotel Victoriano for Soya milk and been greeted with an unhelpful "no", we went along the street and asked in the first four bars that we came to and received the same answer BUT at Ines they said "no, but we will get some for you"! Needless to say they received quite a bit of our custom. Food was good and plentiful and we really enjoyed it.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Despite me rating this three stars, we ate here several times because they were one of the few places in town that had chicken strips with fries and I'm traveling with three kids. The view is fantastic. While the service is slow, it's *very* attentive, meaning the waiters are awesome and I suspect the kitchen is the bottleneck. My kids loved the chicken strips. My husband had several of the chicken dishes and said they were all decent, though average. I had the arroz con pollo every time which was always really good. The prices are a little on the expensive side, but the portions are also huge.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Came here and had the worst pasta of my life. It was overcooked and had about half a teaspoon of pesto so was tasteless. Do not eat here

Date of visit: May 2017