“Very experienced and professional spanish instruction”

Latin American Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Latin American Spanish School is a non profit company, the owners are teachers from San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua with more than 13 years of teaching Spanish like second language. We offer many different courses for all levels, beginner to advanced, and special courses for professionals, travelers, investors, children and more. Come and learn Spanish living like a Nicaraguan people in a nica-families, knowing and living our culture affected for many years for the U.S.A policy!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very experienced and professional spanish instruction”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The instruction was made to fit our levels of spanish. It was affordable and they were flexible with class times. I wanted to focus on advanced subjects (medical spanish, past and future story telling) while my girlfriend needed more basic instruction. The instructors were very knowledgeable and were never stumped, including an amazing ability to explain the significance of words in different latin american countries which is important as I interact primarily with Mexican spanish back in the USA. Finally, the school is located next to the central park in a very well lit, airy second story space.

Visited August 2011
11 Thank Mermaid_merman

new york
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I spent some good time at this school after working at another local school that was not so good and let me tell you-- this place is magnificent. Any of the tutors are great, my mine Vanessa, was particularly outstanding. Services range to fit your needs- from 1 on 1 tutoring to group lessons to weekly immersions to daily sessions; they truly have it all. I highly recommend this place to anyone serious about improving his or her spanish skills. Que bueno!

Visited May 2011
12 Thank stella s
none
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great School”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I took three weeks of classes through L.A.S.S. in San Juan Del Sur. The instructors were great, I learned a lot in just three short weeks. The home stay with the family was excellent. The room, food and friendliness of the family really made my stay in San Juan del Sur comfortable. If you are looking for a laid back and reasonably priced schooling experience I recommend taking classes at this school.

Visited October 2011
11 Thank Macks E
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome Spanish School, Awesome Experience”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I am traveling for 7 months and needed to brush up on my horrible Spanish that I had learned previously. I decided to stay two weeks in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua so that I could take some classes. I ended up at the Latin American Spanish School and I am really happy that I did! They offer one on one classes which allowed me to learn what I wanted to learn. It was really flexible and diverse. Conversation, grammar, etc. was all combined. My teacher (Silvio) was a great guy, I consider him my good friend now because we spent so much time in conversation about real life situations and experiences about ourselves. One day we went on a ¨school field trip¨, just the two of us so that I could practice my spanish outside of the school setting. That was a pretty cool day.

Anyway, I would highly recommend going to this school!! 10 out of 10!!

Visited September 2011
8 Thank Dean E
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing language school for families of all ages.”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This school has got it all: great staff, location, expertise. They have become like family to my family as we were new to town and didn't know many people plus the language barrier. I loved the field trips and the one on one instruction I received from Vanessa. My children also attended private tudoring (5yrs and 7 yrs) and they loved it. Thanks LASS. We think you are awesome!

Visited February 2011