“Great Casual Dining ”

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rock Bottom is an engaging craft beer experience where beer enthusiasts can enjoy a variety of unique homegrown beers brewed on-site.
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The original plan was to try one of the local restaurants for dinner but most of them were tiny and parking was non existent. Plan B was Rock Bottom despite some recent negative reviews.
We were seated outdoors immediately. Our waitress was tied up with a large party but the other waitress provided us with menus. Our waitress apologized for the wait and was attentive and helpful throughout. The Cobb salad was huge & delicious. The hamburger was prepared as requested and at our servers suggestion we ordered the mac & cheese as a side, definitely a good choice. The beer was excellent. The place is huge so seating on a busy Friday was not an issue. No complaints.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

This place as really gone down hill. Less beer choices, the food was small portions for a higher price. Had the shrimp and lobster tacos, they were dried out.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn at 301 W. Waterfront Drive in Homestead. Found this brewpub and ended up eating dinner here on 3 of the 4 nights that we were in the area. It was a great location and we could easily walk there and not have to worry about driving home if we wanted to have a drink after dinner. Food was good and priced fairly. Beer was great. We ever bought a growler and took back to the hotel with us. Bartenders were very good. Waiters in dining room left a bit to be desired. On our first evening at this establishment, the waiter spilled an entire bowl of coleslaw in my husbands lap and barely apologized for doing so. The bad thing is that he wasn't even our waiter...he wasn't the same person who took our order and brought us drinks. There was no discount on our meal or a free dessert or any mention of compensation (a heartfelt apology would have gone a long way) for disrupting our dinner while my husband went to the rest room and tried to clean coleslaw off his shorts as well as he could so that we continue with our meal. We did have 2 more evening meals there and had different waiters/waitresses and had no real issues but they just weren't what I would call "good waiters"...not attentive, didn't check back with us except to see if we wanted dessert. They just didn't seem to really even want to be there working. With that said, the food was good and the staff on the bar side of the building were very good. Even with our bad first experience, I would still recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Rock Bottom has a sizable menu with all things one would expect at a brew pub that is a full service restaurant. The number of Mexican cuisine offerings seems to be growing. The food seems to be reliably good.It's also excellent for groups! I've been there several times with groups. While the most recent time was only seven, some in the past have been large groups (one of 20, and another with over 30) on weekend evenings and I'm thoroughly impressed with the friendly, efficient and professional manner in which the accommodate groups. Whether increasing the number of diners at the last minute or providing separate checks, they are flawless. Lots of other restaurants could learn from them. Impressively, even with providing separate checks to such large groups, they've always chose not to add gratuity (and we obliged with good tips), They also managed to deliver food to everyone at the same time, and processed payment of the checks in no time at all. Bravo to this restaurant's management and service staff, it's top notch. My only complaints are related to the beer -- both the taste and attempting to choose one. Choosing one was difficult as the large menu chalkboard didn't have ABVs listed on it , the beer on cask condition was not the one listed on the menu board and there was at least one other discrepancy between the beer list on the table and the menu board. And what's listed on the restaurant's website for this location isn't even close. In addition, the server was not able to answer a fairly simple question about one of the beers (but she went and asked a bartender), which was surprising for a brew pub, but it should be noted that otherwise, the service was flawless. I wasn't impressed with the two beers that I tried (and I'm not remotely a beer snob).The Good Neighbor Kölsch wasn't as smooth as I'm used to getting from any Kölsch, including ones that I've had here in the past. The Life's A Peach wheat with mango and peach had a bit of a bite to it as well.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I've eaten at rock bottom three times in the last two years. The food is good the pricing is a little on the high side. The last time I ate there, I ordered a pizza which I expected to take about 20 minutes. After waiting 45 minutes we called our waiter and asked him to check on the order. It turned out that the order was missed and then after making the pizza, they decided to make a second one because they forgot to take into account the allergy info on the order (nothing that would normally be in a pizza). The manager assured us that we would get it personally served by her. In all it took over an hour to get my food and there was no offer of compensation for the wait.