“"Japanese" for people who don't like Japanese food”

Yokoso Japanese Steak House
Ranked #17 of 40 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Our food, which was plentiful, was rather bland and lacking any real flavor. Sitting in the front section of the restaurant, near the sushi bar, I noticed that most of the patrons were families with children all headed to the large hibachi/teppanyaki room. And throughout dinner we could hear the clanging of utensils as the chefs put on their show for those guests.

As a result of these observations, I would describe it as a Japanese steak house for people who want "the show", but don't really like Japanese flavors.

So, if you are in the Homestead area with your family and looking for an entertaining evening, choose Yokoso. However, if you are looking for a good meal, look elsewhere, as there are far better options in this price range.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I wish I could give this two ratings - one for hibachi (which I've only done there once) and one for the general dining/sushi.

I really love the sushi at Yokoso and highly recommend the restaurant for that. The one time I went to hibachi there, I was completely unimpressed. The food was okay, but the show was terrible and the prices are higher than restaurants that do a better job. Skip the hibachi - get sushi!

Reviewed 31 August 2016

This is Hibachi restaurant with communal style seating and bar seating as well. There were five in our group so we had the communal seating around the grill, which is really part of the experience. We did however wait for a chef to come to begin our meal for quite some time. She was apologetic and friendly. The meal preparation is interesting to watch and this chef is extremely skilled! The food was very good, and there was a lot of it! We all took boxes home. It is definitely on the pricier side though, and the meat portions are not huge for the money. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this place and this chef...she's the only female there and wow! She is excellent at what she does!

Reviewed 1 August 2016

This was my first time here and the last one apparently! We were sitting outside and ordered two main dishes from the dinner menu. after 25-30 minutes wait they bring little bowl of soup and salad,these were the part of the main dish. We were sitting there one hour,and it started to rain,we were with our kid,and moved under the umbrella which was at another table. Then we decided to just take the food(which wasn't served at that time)with us to home.After 20 more minutes waitress came outside and said ooooo it is raining? Hahaha very ironic right? We told her that we want to pick up food and my husband went to bring the car near us because the rain got heavier and heavier. After ten minutes she came and said to me that I can go inside from the front door she will waited for me with the food and check. So me and my son went there,and nobody was there. I asked the girl from the front desk where is the waitress,she said she will waiting for me with the food,I was seated outside, she told me -which one ?do you know her name? I was like no,and she was like oh wait and started to talk with the man who just came in. Then after 10 more minutes waiting and my child was hungry she finally came, and like sorry I put some souces there I am like whhaaaat?))) I quick pay the check and run from there!It was a horrible experience!

Reviewed 30 May 2016

After reading the reviews before hand we weren't sure what to think! Maybe we are not as picky or critical as most but the service was excellent and the food was very good. The price is the same as all the hibachi places in Pittsburgh. I would recommend trying it and would go back!