All reviewsmovie theaterdave and bustersfire pitfront deskbalcony overlooking the riverstandard courtyardbalcony roommonongahela rivernice hotelcourtyard by marriottkennywood parkwithin walking distance of the hotelkids loved the poolthe gapnice sizehousekeeping staffrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I recently stayed at this location for two nights. It was your standard Courtyard. The room was clean and my room was ready when I arrived around 2pm in the afternoon. I used the workout facilities and it had two treadmills and one elliptical with your standard free weights set. Pool was small. Lots of eateries withing walking distance and right next to a Costco.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2017

This was an aweful hotel stay for me. I am just going to list the things that went wrong instead of telling the story.
Side door into hotel requires severel attempts before it lets you in with your key.
Only working ice machine is on top floor.
Had to ask for a coffee pot for my room.
Ceiling tile fallen into tub took over an hour to fix because they had to let it dry.
Housekeeper came into room without knocking and said she didn't know anyone was in there.
Returned to hotel to find the ceiling leaking water down the wall.
Front desk moved my room and on the way to the room I came across 2 guests who were carrying a peice of the closet that fell off and hit the young man.
Got to the new room and there was a dirty towel in the tub and heavy dust in many places.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa K
Shane W, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Waterfront. I do apologize that there were some issues with your stay that did not lead to an enjoyable experience for you. We strive to achieve the level of service set forth by the Marriott brand and I do apologize that this was not the case in your experience. I do hope that you enjoyed the local area shopping and restaurants that are near by the hotel. We would love the chance to give you a better experience at our hotel when your travels bring you back to the area. Thank You.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Had a girls weekend with a group of best friends. Perfect location so all we had to do was walk. Not too far even in cold temperatures. Staff was very nice.

The only thing negative was I was told there was a shuttle service when the right amount of staff was on hand. I asked twice if it was available and each time with the answer of no. No biggie since we could walk but hide the bus from the front or do not say it is available at all.

Breakfast had to be bought at their in house cafe. A little on the expensive side but the food was good and the cafe staff was also very nice.

For the cost I would recommend it as a very nice place to stay especially if going to the Waterfront for their attractions. Will stay again if deciding to "vacation" on that side of town.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shana M
Shane W, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. I'm happy to see you enjoyed our stay with us. We are so sorry about our shuttle. In the winter months we having a tighter schedule and in the summer months we have someone dedicated to it 12 hours a day. If you ever need anything while you are staying with us please don't hesitate to ask.

Warm Regards,
Shane Welter

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We had planned to stay here for 2 weeks but checked out after 3 days. We told the staff that there were bugs in the room - we even brought a dead one down to the lobby to show the clerk (Patrick) at the desk. He said he'd get an exterminator. We subsequently called Marriott customer relations and they said that they would look into it and get back to us. The following day after we returned to the hotel, our room hadn't been cleaned and there were more stink bugs. We quickly packed our bags and went to another hotel. AND we STILL HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM MARRIOTT customer service (and that was 5 days ago)!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bobnlynn
Shane W, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Waterfront. I do apologize about the issues you had experienced during your stay with us. We try our best to deliver the service and the quality that is the Marriott brand. We are working everyday to find new ways of improving and providing service that lives up to the standards and the expectations of that brand. I do apologize that the customer service line has not gotten back in contact with you, if you would like to discuss your stay - please contact me at the hotel main line. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Great stay for a weekend getaway. When we arrived the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and welcoming! Room was large and very comfortable and clean. The is a pool, exercise room and a bar. It even has a small restaurant. Walking distance to several restaurants, bars and shops. There is also a bike trail. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Shane W, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy you were so pleased with your stay. We do our best to create that kind of experience for all of our guests and we appreciate kind words. We hope you stay with us again and if you ever need anything during your stay please don't hesitate to reach out to any of the staff. We are all here to help.

Warm Regards,