“Good food.......But failed at the end”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Homestead
Price range: USD 30 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean!
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Was anniversary and made reservation and mention this. Got there on time and was seated right away. BUT not a very good seat, saw better ones empty. Had the stuffed lobster and stuffed shrimp and lobster bisque all was excellent and arrived fast and very hot! Waiter was nice but never asked if we needed a drink or more bread. Then unlike almost all places I have been on birthdays or anniversaries no free piece of cake or dessert...........What a disappointment!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Happened to be at the Waterfront for some other errands, decided to stop we were not disappointed. We sat on the patio and had dinner. Incredible atmosphere, could do without the people walking and biking by on the path, but otherwise everything was great.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Reservations were available on short notice. The restaurant was fairly empty. 4 of us were seated promptly. Ashley our server was very attentive, always available and yet not overly so. Dinner menu was nice, orders taken and prepared quickly. The sous chef came to talk, nice guy, answered a few questions, you can tell he works hard, his uniform was covered with food products. We were celebrating my birthday, Ashley brought plates for the cake. All in all a nice evening out. Actually the last time I visited this place was an invitation only dinner I was invited to the night before the restaurant opened to the public, which was some time ago. Can anyone please tell me when that was.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

The service was good, the prices were pretty typical for the type of meals we ordered, the food was excellent.

There is a nice selection of restaurants at the Homestead Waterfront. Mitchell's Fish Market was next door to the Hampton Inn where we were staying, and we were in the mood for seafood. It looked like a typical chain restaurant but I did not realize it was part of much larger chain until we went inside and they offered us a membership in their rewards club.

Overall we were pretty pleased and would not hesitate to stop back again when in the area.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

This was our 12'th visit to Mitchells Fish Market in Homestead, but if this was our first visit my husband and I would not return. We had reservations for 7:00pm and arrived 15 minutes early. We were told to have a seat and our table would be ready in a few minutes. It is now 7:12pm and two couples who just walked in, were taken to their table. I went up to the hostess and told her we have been waiting since 6:45 pm and I gave her our name. She then tells me she has been trying to get a hold of us to tell us our table was ready. I told her, we were sitting right across from you. She then tells us, I was texting you and you never responded. I told her, you did not text me or my husband, I can show you my phone. Instead of apologizing, she continues to tell us that she was trying to find us to tell us our table was ready. Again, I mention to her, we were sitting right in front of you. Another employee the takes us to our table. He then continues to tell my husband and I that they were texting us to tell us our table was ready. I pulled out my phone and said, no one texted us. My husband and I are now sitting at our table expecting to have a wonderful dinner as we have in the past. Our waiter was very unexperienced. I ordered the same item I have ordered before and asked them to not add the Tabasco Sauce. He then tells me, they cannot do that and the food tastes good with the tabasco sauce. My husband interrupts and tells him, my wife does not want the sauce. The waiter never asked us if we wanted any extra bread. This was the worse experience I have ever had at a restaurant.

1  Thank Stephanie L