See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2015

We have not been to this restaurant since before the flood. I was holding my breath to see if it was still the same. It was not - it was fantastic. We were here last weekend with my college age daughter and two of her friends. The girls loved everything they ordered and my husband and I thought the food was fabulous. We shared the lobster app and a mushroom app. The sauces on each dish were to die for. Our waitress was so attentive to both of our tables (the girls sat separate). We will be back very soon.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed 23 November 2014

Went on a Saturday night to celebrate a birthday. Was greeted by owner and given our choice of tables - not corwded at 630pm. Waiter immediately offered water and drinks. We had wine and a martini, both very good. We tried the potato soup as an appetizer and it was v good. I 'pre-ordered' the duck, which is required and friend had a veal oscar dish. Both were prepared excellently and served promptly. Most of the dishes are ala carte so we ordered a side of scalloped potatoes, and they were also v good. We were treated to a free 'birthday' dessert and chose the key lime pie - v good also. Around 830pm a 3 piece band (Don Johnson review) came in and started at 9pm - they were an excellent 3 piece band - not too loud and played a genre of soul, rhythm, blues, and jazz. We had a very good evening and we will return. The meals are pricey - duck $30, veal $26, add some sides and a few drinks and ur north of a C note easily. It's maybe a little too pricey for the area, although Hotel Hershey is down the road and probably same price - but, this isn't the same venue. It's good, new owners are trying hard, but maybe they should revisit their pricing structure. Thank again - maybe they like keeping it high end --- as I said we will return - not too soon.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeremiahF
Reviewed 22 November 2014 via mobile

The best Calamari we ever had. Caesar salad and clams casino was also great. Strip Steak and Pan seared scallops were outstanding. Our server Jessica was great. We definitely return when we are in this area.

• Stayed: November 2014
2  Thank vince54326
Reviewed 22 October 2014 via mobile

We had the steak dinners and they were fantastic. This is a fantastic place to enjoy. We are very glad our family took us here. Highly recommend this establishment. Even grabbed a gift card for a gift.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mcgeenmcgoo
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My husband and I have always loved the Union Canal House, even after the devastating flood forced its closure and rebuild. The owners seem to want to build on its capital from before, and the food, quality and prices are worthy of its reputation. Tip: If you want separate checks, ask for them. Otherwise, we encountered quite a bit of difficulty. But overall, the meal was fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple