New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Suites at Hershey

The Suites at Hershey
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Baltimore, Maryland
“This place is really great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

We have stayed here 4 times in the last 5 years, and I have to say that it's a really nice property. I think we have stayed in each of the three buildings, and I have never been woken up by the train. The pools (both indoor and out) are awesome, and the people who work at the hotel are always very friendly. For the price, if you book early enough, it's an amazing deal to get a whole two bedroom, two bath apartment. It's right across the street from the outlet mall, and just down the road from Hershey Park (2 minutes to the entrance). What could be bad? Every winter I book two different weekends for the summer and then figure out later when we can go. I always get a great rate that way. Have fun!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Becky2010

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our 26th wedding anniversary. It was a great place to stay, very clean and well kept. The sound of the train did not trouble us at all. We can't wait to come back and bring our children and grandchildren. Loved it! Loved the area. Everyone was extremely friendly.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Bakersdough
Philly, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Just returned home from a weekend stay in Hershey for the Christmas happenings. I travelled with 5 adults and 2 chldren. We were more than comfortable in the 2 bedroom suite. The suite offers a full kitchen, sitting/dining room, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. The staff at the front desk were very friendly, even offering blank letters for the children to fill out and leave for Santa. The hotel is located directly across the street from the outlets. Absolutely walkable in nice weather. There is a Red Robin, Wendy's and Dunkin Donuts in the outlets across the street. The facilities are very clean and the kitchen is fully stocked with all items needed for preparing and eating full meals. The indoor pool was very warm and nicely sized. The hotel is located 5 minutes driving from Hersheypark and surrounding attractions. Hersheypark is very pretty at Christmas and we all agreed that the admission price is reasonable (especially if you are able to get coupons from CVS or Giant food markets for $2 off per person). Warning, the Sweet Lights drive through attraction is nice, but it was extremely crowded on a Saturday night and took us over an hour to get in and drive through.

I would absolutely stay here again for all of the conveniences offered and to avoid paying exorbitant prices at the Hershey Hotel. Also, there have been some complaints about the train, you can hear it at night but not nearly loud enough to wake you up. I think it was quaint. If you can book here, you will be satisfied.

A side note, the Hershey Pantry was one of the top breakfast meals we have ever had. If going on a weekend, there will be a wait, but it is worth every minute!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in building 3 and it was convenient to the indoor pool.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank kristy k
White Plains, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

The room: The closest to feeling "at home" I've ever felt. I never slept in a more comfortable bed. I keep meaning to call and find out the exact specs. on the bed but I haven't yet. We have a family of eight and had a perfect amount of space for us. The rooms have a master bedroom with a king size bed, a second bedroom with 2 double beds, 2 bathrooms, a family room/dining room/full size kitchen. We have a crawler and a toddler, so I really loved having a broom, vacuum, and washing machine/dryer in our room. From the family room window, we could see a large field on a hill and saw deer there almost daily.

The trains: Since everyone mentions them: Fear not! I am one of the lightest sleepers (especially since I have a 7 mo. old that still nurses throughout the night). I noticed the trains one night only - the third night (we stayed 4 nights) and they did not keep me from sleeping except while I was trying to figure out what that noise was :).

The location: The hotel is extremely close to HersheyPark and Chocolate World. We rode the free ride almost daily (the little kids loved it). We could see HersheyPark from our building (not room) windows. The outlets are across the street within walking distance.

The amenities that we used: free air hockey, quality exercise equipment, free popcorn in lobby. I loved having underground parking since it rained a few days on our trip.

Disclaimer: We stayed free because a relative owns a blue-green timeshare that they were unable to use, so we were able to use their points for this place, but I checked the price for this place and would definitely be willing to stay here again paying full price for our family of eight. This was our first time staying at a time-share and although I'm not interested in owning one, I think I'd rather rent one instead of a hotel from now on (while our family is still large).

Main differences from a hotel (other than those mentioned above): You do not have daily maid service (unless you pay extra for it). I loved this. I didn't feel the need to move things off the bed or hide valuables or to feel bad if the place looked messy because kid's crumbs were all over the kitchen floor. You put you're own trash outside your room daily (if you want it gone). You use the towels given you for your stay (or for at least 4 days). You go to the front desk if you need more toilet paper. They provide 1 washload of laundry detergent and 1 washload of dishwasher detergent. They also provide dish soap (for hand washing dishes), shampoo, bars of soap, tissues, pots/pans/dishes/flatware/utensils/hot pads/kitchen towels.

Room Tip: Our room in building 3, 3rd floor, was great!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank DanaSouthernMD
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I usually go to Hershey once a year and have been trying to stay at this hotel and it is always booked. Well this time I was blessed to get a room. It had 2 bedrooms and baths, a full kitchen and the living room had a fireplace. I was sad we only stayed one night. The staff was very nice and accomadating and provided us with information on somethings to do in the area. The hotel was very clean and well kept. I love the location because it is close to the outlets and the main street in Hershey. It is also close to the Hotel Hershey were the spa is. I frequent the spa, but can't see paying the expensive money to stay in the Hotel Hershey with this place near by for less money and a bigger room.
This place is really great for families traveling with kids. Your room on one side and the kids on the other. A great place to stay.
All that being said the previous reviews are correct. The train comes through constantly, however we were in building 2 with the pool and gym and the noise didn't keep us from sleeping. But just know the train is there. Just a note, I would call the hotel directly and ask for building 2. The other downside was we wanted a late check out and it is not offered. All we wanted was an extra hour to not be rushed and were told NO. I wish that there was more flexibility with that. I understand they have to turn rooms around for new guest, but you can't clean all the rooms at one time.

Room Tip: Ask for building 2 where the pool and gym are.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends