“TERRIBLE”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed their overnight to visit family - the rugs were dirty did not even looked like they vaccumed- the heat system made a banging noise all night.

The coffee pot when we went to make coffee all little bugs came out and when I took out the coffe filter there was MOLD !!!

When we checked out and I told the front desk they did NOT even say sorry or take anything off our bill !!! It is not worth the $90 !!!! DO NOT STAY THERE

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dusktodawn29750
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

My apologies we did not succeed your expectations. All rooms are inspected prior to a guest arrival and after departure. Front Desk and a Manager on call are available 24 hours a day to assure guest comfort. Your comments are contradictory to the BW survey previously received.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stopped here for a night mid-road trip to Massachusetts. The weather was a bit cool for it but my kids were excited by the pool. It was kept very clean in spite of the lack of use. The rooms were acceptable but seemed old and a bit worn. There was a nice area to walk with my kids and pup so overall it was a good experience. Staff was friendly and very helpful also.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This establishment is a fine, affordable place to stay with a nice staff. The rooms were good and clean and its setting off the main road, set back among the trees was very comfortable. The pool is almost always shaded and has a nice deck. Some in our group were upgraded into suits with kitchens and living rooms. It is close by (bout 1 mile) to a shopping center with an excellent family Italian restauraunt named Booty's (which is the childhood nickname of the elderly MALE owner). There is a large chain drugstore next door to the restauraunt. The free breakfast was more than ok, set in a comfy, albeit a little crampted lounge area with a fireplace and TV. There is ample parking, usually right outside your door. Well worth the reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Queens Village NY traveler
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I stayed here for $56 (plus tax) a night. it was an internet price and well worth it. The first night I stayed it was a queen bed, with tons of pillows. I think there were four bed pillows and three or four throw pillows.The heat was on in the room when I went in, (unlike the first place I stayed the first night). There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room. I had bought a frozen microwave pizza and a salad, the freezer and fridge both worked fine as well as the microwave. The rooms were clean and well kept. The bathroom was also the same. There was also a closet with a light inside and folding doors.
My room the first night was on the second floor, but the only way to get to the room was on a walk-way that you could only access from the building behind it. So it was a little bit of a walk in the pouring down rain, and the next morning a little annoying in the 5-6inches of snow that fell. My second night they were cleaning the carpets so I was in a ground floor room in the building where you went onto the walkway. The car was directly in front of the room this time which was a little nicer. The room was basically the same as the first except that this one had two double beds instead of the queen.
The first night the heater made some slight noises as it went off and came back on that kind of kept me awake, the second night I did not have this problem. Once or twice I was able to hear a tv from one of the rooms. There were no trucks parked overnight while I was there, as was with the other reviewer. When I checked into second room, there were no ashtrays in the room,and the man at the front desk promptly took care of it. He was there both days when I checked in. He was extremely friendly and polite.
I did not go to the continental breakfast for anything but a coffee to take with me, but it looked fair. I have seen better, but I have definitely seen worse also. All in all, I would definitely stay here again, especially for the price.

Room Tip: Try to book on-line. You can save a few dollars with the internet only specials.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I always like going to Hazleton for company business, because Genetti's is where I am going to stay. They offer nice accommodations for the price and have a wonderful staff. The breakfast in the morning will give you a great start to the day!

• Stayed: December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
5.0 km away
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Hazleton

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton

Address: 1341 N. Church St., Hazleton, PA 18202 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Genetti Inn & Suites)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > Hazleton
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Price Range: $97 - $120 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton 2.5*
Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton is located off I-81 and is within 3 miles of downtown Hazleton, The Laurel Mall, Edgewood in the Pine Golf Course, Sugarloaf Golf Course and Blue Ridge Trail Golf Course. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and pet friendly rooms. When you check in, check out the fantastic hotel and room amenities we have to offer during your stay. Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton offers a continental breakfast (6:00am to 9:00am Mon - Fri., 7am to 10am Sat-Sun). The hotel also offers an outdoor seasonal pool (Memorial Day thru Labor Day), guest coin laundry, a business center, vending machines and a picnic area for guest use. Guests can work out free of charge at a fitness center 2 miles away. All rooms have a microwave and mini-refrigerator, free Wi-Fi, flat screen TV, cable, in-room coffee, hair dryer, iron/ironing board and a desk/workspace. This hotel offers suite rooms and select rooms with kitchens. Complimentary coffeehouse-style coffee is offered in the lobby and one well-behaved pet per room is welcome. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Genetti Hotel Hazleton