All reviews spiral staircase small plates glass factory old mill rainfall shower settlers inn first floor great room unique hotel glass bar bedroom suite beautiful waterfall half bath i highly recommend this hotel continental breakfast restaurant downstairs sister property
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

My husband received a free nights stay at Ledges for Veteran's Day. We decided to make it a date night, and we had a wonderful time. We received the deluxe suite which was 2 floors. Our room was gorgeous.The living and kitchen rooms on the bottom, and the bath and bedroom up the spiral staircase. The room was clean and beautiful. The best part was the large Jacuzzi tub! The staff was very courteous, and the ambiance was very relaxing. The scenery was gorgeous and peaceful. They had a small complementary breakfast of danishes and cheese. The bar/bistro was also very nice. The live music was entertaining and mellow, and the bartender was very nice. The hotel is so beautiful that we found its setting very odd though (for lack of a better word). The town of Hawley is so cute, but the hotel is hidden down these very rough and unkept streets. The potholes were horrible, and the surrounding houses are not the best sight. You can get to it through the Silk Mill, but then you have to travel down a steep, narrow, one lane dirt path. The only complaints we would address was the steam shower did not work, and you really need to watch your head when you walk into the suite as you are liable to hit it on the spiral staircase. My husband did complain that he felt like the floors were sloped throughout the hotel, but I had no problems. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and want to thank them for appreciating our veterans.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HiddenLotusLady
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear HiddenLotusLady,
We are thrilled you enjoyed our complimentary night for Veterans, held on Nov. 10th, 2016 this year. You’ll be happy to hear we are working on improving the road from the Hawley Silk Mill to Ledges this year! We appreciate your feedback and we’re happy you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for reviewing us and we hope you’ll stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This is not a large hotel, There are only about 22 rooms. All of the 2nd floor rooms are on 2 floors and you do have to climb a steel spiral stair case to get to the sleeping area and bath, I stayed in a 2nd floor room for Veterans Day and found it to be very special. Spacious with 6 large windows on the 2 floors looking out at the beautiful waterfall. Everyone who I talked to, and I do talk to whoever will listen to me, Made me feel that they were thrilled that I was there. I did not eat in the restaurant. Breakfast was rolls/muffins etc. The bar was energetic, friendly and I felt very comfortable there, I am old and solo, there were mostly couples but I was included without reservation.

Room Tip: 2nd floor have steep spiral stairway, 1st floor are all on one floor.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Dear densmith,
We are ecstatic to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. We are honored to support our veterans with a complimentary night, this year on Nov 10th 2016. We are pleased you enjoyed the bar, the service and the view. Thank you for reviewing us and we hope you’ll join us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

My husband and I drove up from Lancaster County for a fabulous one night getaway to Ledges. On our way in, we stopped for a beautiful 3 mile hike at Shuman Point Natural Area along the northern end of Lake Wallenpaupack. After check-in with Patricia (who was very friendly and helpful), we walked around the adjacent Silk Mill shops. If the weather had been warmer, we would have loved to sit out on one of the decks overlooking the waterfall next to the hotel. It is a very calm and peaceful setting. Dinner at the restaurant on the lower level was quite enjoyable. The ambiance in the bar where we ate was very relaxing. And we had fun trying many different small plates, all delicious. Our only complaint was that we were in one of the smallest rooms on the first floor and we heard a lot of footsteps/moving around especially in the morning. Next time I would ask for a room toward the back or on a higher level.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Laura G.,
We are happy you had a lovely getaway with us! We are glad you enjoyed the shops at the Hawley Silk Mill and the view from our great room. We appreciate the feedback about the noise and we will pass along your compliments to Patricia. Thank you for reviewing us and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

My fiance and I needed a night away, this place was perfect. It was quiet and the place is beautiful. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Make sure to check out the restaurant downstairs it is amazing. We will be back again!

Room Tip: If you don't like small rooms, book a suite
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Amber B.,
We are thrilled you had a perfect night away! We are glad you had a chance to enjoy our restaurant, Glass, and that the staff was so accommodating. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

The staff were friendly but the room was not as expected. The small queen size bed was about a foot from the floor which made it difficult to get out of. The room was so small we could hardly walk down the side of it. There was no view. We were in the contemporary 2 which I 1st thought it meant 2 rooms. What it means is that they have 3 sizes of bedroom. Ours was the 2nd. We will not be back

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol P
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Dear Carol P.,
We are sorry to hear you were disappointed by the size of your room. If you should decide to return our front desk staff will happily assist in finding you a room that is better suited or clarify any confusion on the layout of the rooms.