All reviews full kitchen an industrial park penthouse suite indoor pool newer building hershey park basketball court older part living room marriott properties free breakfast pull out sofa the breakfast area ice maker oatmeal off the highway front desk staff
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night with our daughter and her friend while visiting Hershey Park. We stayed in the Loft Penthouse Suite which had 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths. Suite was clean and we had no issues during our stay. Check in was quick and easy. Breakfast was good. Ten minute drive to Hershey Park. Not a 4 or 5 Star hotel but adequate if you just need a place to stay while visiting Hershey.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Christine S, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you Convenient for your feedback about your most recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay.

We look forward to hosting your family again on a future trip to the Harrisburg area.

Thank you again!

Christine Sczypta

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Marriott you should be ashamed to have this hotel in your collection!! I am a marriott rewards member and a vacation club member, stay only at marriotts, all over!

First, after a long day of travel, we wanted to just sit and watch a movie on netflix with our daughter. All we got was static on the tv. Upon calling the front desk, I was told no netflix, they had not upgraded to smart tv's yet! Come into the 21st century marriott!! I expect better!

We had a king room. The bathroom area was so small, hatdly had room to use the bathroom, and we are all thin!! The bath door had been patched with dark brown to cover a hole, looked tertible. Bath tub had permanent dirt on non skid areas. Marriott, UPGRADE this place, or sell it! It was more like a hotel 6!

Lastly, in a room that had 3 people, there was 1 sink, with plenty of room for 2 sinks!
Worst marriott I've ever stayed in! We were extremely disappointed. Find another marriott in the areA!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cheryllO5407MT
Christine S, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Good day to you Cheryl L!

Thank you for you feedback. We are sorry that we did not meet you immediate needs. We are in the process of upgrading the hotel, TV's being on of those things we change here soon than undergoing a complete renovation starting in November.

We thank you for staying with us and wish you a fun rest of your summer!

Christine S

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

First, I travel a lot to locations all over the world. I do have high standards as I believe in getting what I pay for. That said, this IS a nice facility. It would have received 4 stars if not for the motion hindering bath. While the shower curtan looks as if it had never been cleaned, it was the child size, round bowl commode that really made the bath special. Used in this scenario I assume to allow for the ability to close the door, this bath is TIGHT! Other than that, the grounds are nice and the kitchen with full oven and cook top a real plus. Do I recommend? It simply comes down to function and what you value. I value a bath big enough to dry off in after a shower without all but standing on the commode.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christine S, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Hello Rene G. and thank you for your review! I have to agree that some of the bathrooms here can be quite tight. This is something we certainly are aware of and will be changing in the coming months as we prepare for a total guestroom renovation. There will be many changes and the bathroom being reworked to be more functional is one of them.

I hope you have an opportunity to visit us once those changes are finished early next year.

Thank you again!

Christine S.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Profile: Husband and wife for one night stay (Friday to Saturday) for Hershey Park event using Marriot Points. This is about room 221 in Building 7. Located just off the highway in a industrial park like setting. It was an efficiency.

Pros: This room was CLEAN and SPOTLESS. Ample parking. Nice looking outdoor pool that I did not use. The breakfast offerings were diverse (not continental style). It had eggs, waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit, yogurt and juices. The staff were friendly and kind worded.

I would stay here again.

Room tip: Get a room upstairs perhaps away from the main street. I had no problem with my street facing room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christine S, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

We are absolutely glad you had a great experience while staying with us recently jerseyscouter!

I will share your comments with the stay as they are always eager to hear what our guests are saying about us.

We look forward to seeing you on a future trip to the Central PA area!

Thank you!

Christine S

Reviewed 23 July 2018

When traveling as a family, we always stay at a Residence Inn. However, this hotel was a huge disappointment. We checked into our rooms. There were dirty (not even rinsed) coffee cups. Had to run everything through dishwater. The linens for the pullout couch were all balled up in a unzipped plastic bag. I had to smell them to see if they were clean. Holes in blanket. No facial soap. The warming plate on the coffee pot was rusted and dirty. Burnt out light bulb in the bathroom. The next day I had to ask for salt and pepper at breakfast. Never received it. I had to ask front desk if the pool could be unlocked around 10:15. Dirty towels and toys on ground. Chairs and tables dirty. Two broken chairs around the pool which had not been skimmed. Our son and grandson asked for a basketball to play on their court at the front desk but was told they stopped giving out basketballs. Had to ask for a skimmer for the pool. On our last day we went to breakfast when it opened at 6:30. The juice machine was not working. Thank goodness. The tray that held runoff juice had scum in it. It was disgusting. My son and daughter-in-law had ants in their room. The sidewalks need to be swept and the grounds are littered. I would never consider staying there again or recommend it to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

We are sorry that we failed you during your stay with us Carefreecath! While this is not the normal experience our guests have it appears that nothing went right during your stay and for that I truly am sorry.

I have followed up with our rooms division manager to ensure the housekeeping issues are addressed and not repeated. Our breakfast is quite business on the weekends especially but I can assure you that the juice machine just had excess juice spilled in from previous guests that morning as it is cleaned daily. I am see once the water gets murky it can look like that.

We also do observe a no basketball policy after certain times and none before 9:00AM to ensure our other guests that are sleeping around the basketball court are not disturbed.

Again, please accept our apologies!

Christine S.