All reviews dog and pony the indoor outdoor pool club floor breakfast buffet front desk staff bed and pillows nice pool off the highway target computers tournament convention
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Fist time writing a review and felt compelled to do so. I'm usually not a fussy person but I was shocked to see so many positive reviews. This hotel needs some serious updating! It was so run down that I felt uncomfortable staying here - felt dirty.

We stayed here twice during a recent road trip to Florida and I would not stay here again, unless it is renovated. We stayed on the club level on SPG points and I would rather pay for a hotel than stay here again for free. The first time, on the trip down, the beds were squishy and shakey and the bedspread was stained. Paint was peeling, broken light switch, worn stained carpets. We mentioned all this to management before we left. We thought we'd give them another try on the way home, maybe that was just a bad room. The beds were better this time but the carpet still worn and paint peeling on the ceiling of the bathroom. Also, I could hear it every time someone flushed the toilet on the floor above.

The breakfast buffet was terrible - eggs and pancakes were dry, oatmeal looked scummy. The only good thing at breakfast was the boxed cereal and grapefruit juice. Also, the carpet in the restaurant is seriously stained, worn and ripped, with a big glue strip showing down the middle!
So, not to be too harsh - it seemed clean enough (no dust or dirt balls or mold), the staff was really friendly and tried hard to please, and the pool looked really nice from a distance (didn't have time to use it).

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

We apologize that the quality of your stay did not meet the expectations you have of Sheraton Hotels. We appreciate your choice to stay with us and will pass on your comments to our Engineering and Housekeeping departments so that we may assess the issues you've mentioned. Please feel free to contact our Assistant General Manager, Mark Pelko, with any further details of your stay at 717-564-5511 ex. 0. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We stay at the hotel every year for a hockey tournament. The hotel is always very accommodating.

The rooms have been partially renovated. The bathrooms have been updated, but the door was original with rust.

The room was basically in good condition.

We ate breakfast at Dog & Pony, the hotel restaurant. They serve a buffet breakfast. It is good food with great service. It is pricey but convenient.

The pool is indoor outdoor and has been updated. The outside area is nice with lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas.

This hotel has been very consistent. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thank you for your review. We're glad that we've been able to host your family and teammates for your annual hockey tournament. Feel free to contact us with any special requests for future reservations and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Scott (from Scotland) was a pleasure to deal with on both check-in and check-out. Coupled with a quick dip in the pool and large room at the end of a quiet hall and I had a good overnight stay for work. Would absolutely consider returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

We're pleased that Scott provided exceptional service for your stay! Feel free to contact us with any special requests for your next business trip!

Reviewed 2 September 2016

We were looking for hotels near Hershey that had all the amenities we needed---Adults: Healthy Hotel food options/Gym, Kid: pool. We were lucky to book a great price(2nights)and this hotel will now become our only go-to place in Hershey. We arrived around 9pm from our drive from NY, starving and didn't want to eat fast food on the way. I checked online and saw the Dog & Pony menu and hoped it was as good as it read online----it was even better in person! The waitress was so amazing and made sure our orders were served exactly as we had needed the food prepared. The computers had gone down at the restaurant that night but she handled it very well even after the fact some of the other guests were rude about it. Food was amazing with lots of healthy choices, kid was happy with his choice and freebie ice cream sundae. The front desk managed to upgrade our room due to circumstances and we landed a HUGE CORNER preferred status room, for FREE upgrade!!!!! woot woot!!! The room was clean, the bathroom was 2 separate rooms with great products, the king bed was to die for(we need to find out who makes the bed, I couldn't believe how great we slept), and the pull out couch was a hit for the 10yr old. The room came with 1 bathrobe(we tried to order 2 more but got declined) and a fridge(that was non-Freon) which basically means it will not make items cold but just maintain your already cold items. The fridge looked cool but made our yogurts spoil. We tried to get a replacement fridge but got declined, oh well at least they sold yogurt downstairs. Anyway, when I looked out the window I noticed there is a shopping center a few feet away!!! Target, Game stop, Petco, tropical smoothie, JCpenny and others...made my day as I forgot to bring a bathing suit for the hubby lol. Next morning, we both made it to the gym(open 24hrs) which was our requirement and I cannot believe how many machines/free weights they had. The LifeFitness treadmill has different cycles and I was able to do a 60min jog/walk thru "New Zealand"---I need this treadmill and feel spoiled now, too bad my gym doesn't offer it. The pool was outrageous, indoor/outdoor and you can swim back n forth from it. I thought it was heated but it wasn't however the hot tub was heated. There are plenty of chairs/tables/umbrellas to sit outside and inside they offer towels (however they are kid sized lol). There was a small outdoor hut that advertised food/drinks but it was not open that weekend, not sure why. Inside of the hotel there was small gift shop that sold Hershey items, candy bars, Starbucks coffee/teas and quick food (yogurt, cereal,fruit salads). Again we did breakfast at the Dog n Pony and service was fantastic. When they found out our fridge spoiled our yogurt, they gave us 20% off our bill---how nice of them!! they offered a good deal on a cold or hot buffet but instead we ordered off the menu for specific food options---which again the food was amazing. By the way, our kid saw Chick Fillet was next door so we promised him we would go the next day(sunday) for lunch....when we drove up we noticed it was closed----they don't open sundays and completely forgot, he was super bummed as they don't have chick fillet near us. Sorry kid! (we were laughing inside but felt bad). Hershey park was about 18 min, not bad. This will be our ONLY Hershey area hotel from now on.

Room Tip: 2nd Fl is pool/outdoor level, 1st floor is pet friendly level
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

It's great to hear that your family had a wonderful time at our hotel! We apologize that our fridge didn't keep your yogurts cold enough, but are glad that our staff were able to step in to provide a discount for the inconvenience. If that ever occurs, please feel free to let us know and we will replace any spoiled items at no charge. We're happy that you've grown fond of us and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the club leveled room and we really enjoyed it.I enjoyed the room and the sight from the balcony. I didnt get to try the pool out.The food was alright.Nothing to write home about. I would very much stay there again if im up that way.We ate at the Chili's close by.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your Club Level guest room! Congrats to the new bride and groom and we hope to see you again!