“VERY HEART-WARMING”

Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Grafton, West Virginia, United States
“VERY HEART-WARMING”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Stayed two nights and everything was great. The night lady Diane was more than helpful, she was great!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. I was very pleased to read your review of our hotel and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Yes, Diane is truly a hospitality professional and guest service leader at our hotel. She will be very proud to see this review. Again, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave your comments. I hope that you will visit us again in the very near future.

James Gordon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Hillside, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Holiday Inn/ Harrisburg East is a nice property in a convenient location. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Located just off Union Deposit Road, it's convenient to a nearby shopping strip with an Outback Steak House. A second mall with a TGIF Fridays and a Lowes is on the other side of Union Deposit Road.

Room furnishings are modern and well maintained. Textured wall paper is used in the rooms and the public spaces. The downside to using textured wall paper is that it shows subpar patch work. I did notice a couple of patched holes stood out against the nice mahogany textured wall paper in the men's rest room. And, the sink in the lobby men's restroom was cracked.

There was a small hair-line crack in the on/off light switch in the bathroom of my room. It's possible that these cracks are a sign of the volume of traffic the property experences. It's also possible that the maintenance budget is smaller than the hotel warrants given the large volume of traffic it handles.

Fitness room and equipment are well maintained.

Nevertheless, the front line Reception Desk and room maintenance staff place a warm, helpful and friendly face on this property. The attributes of the staff dwarf the minor signs of wear and tear evident in the physical hotel property.

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor facing the street. Occasionally, I heard truck noises from traffic passing...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this review, 14 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post this review and give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm very pleased to hear that you found our hotel team members to be warm & friendly, and our hotel to be well maintained. I also want to thank you for informing us of the few maintenance issues that need to be addressed. The feedback we receive from our guests is a great training tool for our team members and also places focus on items that we need to attend to first, as seen through our guests eyes! Also, great point regarding the traffic noise. Your comment will be noted in our next operations meeting with our Guest Service team members. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will visit us again during your next visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area.

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My family and I stayed for 5 nights, the hotel decor was very nice, the staff was very friendly and the property was clean & well maintained. Vanessa was very helpful with our reservation and went out of her way to ensure our stay was hassle-free. We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and leaving such a wonderful review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that Vanessa has very helpful during your stay with us. She is an awesome example of a customer service professional and she will be very pleased to read this review. We hope to see your family here again in the near future. Do you like rollercoasters? Hersheypark is scheduled to open their new "state of the art" rollercoaster this Spring? That brings their rollercoaster total to 12!! Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I enjoyed this place, it was not right in the city but on the outskirts in a somewhat busy location. I liked the size and cleanliness of the room. The bathroom was very small and the bathroom light made a lot of noise, I could not hear my husband talk to me the fan was just so loud and buzzing the whole time I was in the bathroom doing my make up or hair..... But other than the small bathroom with the fan that needed to definitely be replaced, it was a very nice place.The breakfast buffet and complimentary USA today paper was an added bonus. There was also free WIFI which was great. I love how these mid priced hotels give you more than the more expensive priced hotels, free brkfst, free wifi and no added fees. Only wish they had in room movies to purchase.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. I also appreciate you for taking the time, out of your busy schedule, to give us your feedback and post a review of our hotel. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us! We are pleased to be able to offer these additional ammennities complimentary to our guests, so please pass this information on to others what we have to offer! In addition, I would like to apologize for the loud bathroom fan, but I'm glad that you shared that in you review. That was a great tool for our Maintenace Engineer when inspecting rooms. I hope that you will stop back an visit us again soon. Remeber, Springtime in Hershey is a great experience!!

V
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We were in Harrisburg to visit family and need a place to spend the night. We were traveling with a pet and were pleased to find this nice hotel at a reasonable price. The room was very nice an we all slept well. The free breakfast was pretty good and the staff was very friendly. We would select this one again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with this during your recent visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. I was very pleased to read your very nice review of our hotel. Now that you have found us, I hope that we have earned your business when visiting your family in Harrisburg. Again, thank you, and we hope to see you again in the near future!