See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Omg where to begin. First off I booked this on hotels.com and maybe that's the problem. Well it was listed as a Wyndham Garden Hotel. But it's not. It's called the Harrisburg Hotel. At first I drove right by because of how dark the property is. Upon finally finding the hotel I wasn't even sure if it was opened there were only 2 cars under the Awning. I drove around the hotel which is in total darkness and very run down, just outside a meeting room was all kinds of trash and not a dumpster in site. Went to check in and asked for a high floor, which I was given the second floor from the top. Not sure why I didn't a room on the top floor but whatever it's not like they were packed. This place looks soooo run down, like it could have been a really nice property at one time but now it's like why are they even open. The elevator is like a death trap. Hallways have a weird musty spell to them. My room was very large however all the furniture is missing.. I thought I checked into the set of a wired Alfred Hitchcock movie. Who ever owns this hotel doesn't care about it at all. The staff really don't care it's a wonder they even get a paycheck. It has to cost more to keep the building open then it would be to close it. There was black mold in my shower, and in the corners of the room . When I inquired about this I was given another room with the same issues. At this point I was just really fed up. I asked for a refund only to get told since I got it on hotels.com I couldn't get a refund. Thanks hotels.com, should I send you the medical bill too?? Any way lesson learned. DONT STAY HERE. Just Don't you'll thank me.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank AJ M
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Very clean! Staff was extremely friendly.Gym was enough to get a good sweat in and the hotel is in the perfect location for downtown Harrisburg to the A national Civil War museum to great dining! The room was stocked with enough towels and coffee! The room had a wonderful view! The only thing is they do not have a continental breakfast which wasn't a deal breaker when I booked.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I had reservations to stay at this hotel, booked ten days prior to my expected stay. When I was driving to the hotel (at night)I actually passed the hotel because I thought it was an abandoned building. After google maps assured me I was in the right place, I noticed there was no Wyndham sign. In fact there was no illuminated hotel sign whatsoever. There was one car in the parking lot and one room seemed lit up. It was 8:00 at night. Even the parking lot was barely lit. As a solo woman traveler I did not feel safe staying there. When I called, I was informed by the front desk that they were no longer affiliated with Wyndham. She said they had not been for months. I complained that this was deceitful and I wanted my money back. They said no because the hotel is the same as it was they just "changed the name". So if you think you are paying for a safe Wyndham franchise hotel, look elsewhere. If it doesn't bother you to stay in a dark, relatively unoccupied, independently owned hotel...be my guest to give it a try. You are braver than me!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

After trying to early check in to my room and found out that no rooms were available i decide to wiat in the lobby i wss watching some clip on my phone minute later. the front desk lady name Michelle ask if i can turn down the volume on my
She claimed that it was to loud. i said r you kidding me. After i said that she started to give me a hard time n been so unprofessional HOW RUDE is that. People like her shouldn't been dealing this kind of jobs if they don't know how to deal with customer service. Thanks to Mike who step up n took care of business

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2016

We had a bus of 51 people staying here again. (Was here with 48 in June). We had sent a rooming list with special needs highlighted, but they did not honor some of these. Our breakfast was prepared for us in a banquet room. They ran out of toast, & coffee; no napkins, salt & pepper. When asked for more coffee, she told us, "We are allowed only a 3 gallon pot for each room". That is 48 cups and we had 51 people, many of whom wanted a second cup. She did say, however, "If you want a second cup, go to the restaurant; it is $1.95 a cup." Just not our idea of a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Best room would be at another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends