Open today: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Review Highlights
Manageable yet worthwhile

Not sure if it was due to the fact that we went on a rainy January day or not, but the museum had a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JS B
Reading, Pennsylvania
Great museum

Found this from a hotel brochure, so glad we stopped. This is a great museum that deserves more... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Steve T
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Harrisburg
from USD 80.00
More Info
All reviews both sides chronological order president lincoln better understanding events leading up two floors hill overlooking interesting artifacts history buff gift shop their lives self guided tour two hours several hours well worth the trip on display second floor
Reviewed 8 March 2018

I have been to this museum several times and have become a member. I think it does a good job of presenting both the North and South viewpoints in a fair manner. If you join, you can go to a members-only tour where they take you into the archives and see pictures and documents, like a hand-written note from Lincoln to General McClellan asking "Any news from the front?" They also show what I think they call 3D artifacts like uniforms, and swords and guns that you can hold.
If you want to learn more about the Civil War, this museum is highly recommended.

Date of experience: November 2017
Trini N, Director of Sales at National Civil War Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our wonderful museum. We are so pleased that you have become a member and hope that you really enjoy our upcoming lectures. The members-only tour is a terrific member benefit and I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of it. Thanks again and we hope that you continue to enjoy your visits with us!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This was my 3rd visit to this museum. There was a Civil War photography exhibit that I wanted to see. It was fantastic. Every time I visit I learn something new. Weather you are a Civil War buff or just curious, this museum is a must.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The diorama s are very nicely put together. The summaries are easy to follow. Admission charge is reasonable.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018

The museum staff is so friendly and informative. The exhibits are breath taking. You learn a lot about the civil war just at this one museum. A lot of information.

Date of experience: February 2018

Thank you for visiting our wonderful museum and sharing your experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed our exhibits and interacting with our staff. We hope to have you visit with us again soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

It was a great 2hrs. The exhibits were thought provoking. The museum has 2 floors with an elevator. There’s a great view of the area from the museum. The gift shop has a good selection of items. I would definitely go there again.