All reviews sleeping area toilet room hershey park turkey sausage numbered room macaroni grill separate rooms highway side desk area cracker barrel walk in shower minute drive exercise room oatmeal farm complex front desk staff breakfast area
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Great place to stay. Parking was convenient to rooms, continental breakfast, small bar and very friendly staff. The SpringHill nearest to Hershey was full, but we lucked up. Absolutely would recommend. Only a 15 minute drive to Hershey.

Room Tip: ask for one closest to the elevators
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. We appreciate your wonderful comments and are glad that we had the opportunity to have you stay with us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

On a road trip and stayed here one night and it was a good night the hotel is modern clean and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. It was nice having the bathroom in 2 parts made getting ready in the am with 2 people easy and efficient. I really liked the shower with body sprayers after 10 hours in the car felt great on my sore back. Would highly recommend the hotel at any time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey on your way through the Harrisburg area. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our property. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We stated at this hotel last weekend because we were in town for the big RV show in Hershey.

This hotel is super clean even in the hallways. I have added some pictures. Everything seems new, the carpet, furniture, bathrooms, electronics etc.

Front desk was great and very friendly. Breakfast was also good - most hotels offer bagels and muffins but here they also had oatmeal with a mini toppings bar which I loved! Also sausage and eggs. I am a vegetarian so I didnt try those but my husband said it was pretty good for an inclusive breakfast. Also breakfast area was very clean.

The hotel is well kept and very quiet. I didnt hear a thing while I was in my room.

I would highly recommend this hotel and I would also like to say the price makes it a great value.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Thank you for the opportunity to have you and your husband stay with us while in town for the RV And Camping Show in Hershey. We appreciate your wonderful comments and are pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again should you return to the show again next year!

Reviewed 23 September 2016

We stayed one night on accumulated Marriott points. There was nothing special about the hotel. The bed was very comfortable and it had a nice big shower. The toilet, and a sink, are in a separate room from the shower room. The television did not work. We had a couple of drinks at the small lobby bar which was overseen by a cordial bartender.
What really got me upset was that two days after we left, TWO - NOT ONE - TWO TWENTY DOLLAR CHARGES were applied to my debit card. I called the hotel and they told me that it was a security charge which would come off of my account shortly. When I asked what the charge was for, I was told it was in case we did any damage to the room. So, two days after we left this hotel, they applied a $40 charge to my debit account, on the contingency that we damaged a room with a broken TV. This is total BS and I would advise anyone considering staying at this facility to find out in advance if this idiotic practice will be applied ,

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 26 September 2016

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. I do apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. I am sorry that you were not made aware of the standard authorization hold that would be placed in case there were any incidentals during your stay. I do appreciate your feedback so we may continue to grow as a hotel and team and continue to strive to provide the best service to our guests. We do hope you will continue to be a loyal guest of Marriott and we thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

This was the most compact "suite" accommodation I have ever experienced. If you are looking for a kitchen, this is not for you. Apparently they dub it a suite if it has a mini fridge, coffee pot and microwave in the corner. I booked 2 queens+sofa. No complaint on beds but sofa provided no convertibility to a bed. There was a pull out trundle beneath it.but nobody could sleep there. There were 3 of us and you could squeeze to accommodate 5 in the one large room which had a tiny bath consisting of a toilet and sink and sliding door which kept sliding open after you shut it; consequently, you had to negotiate a bodily function while keeping a foot propped up against the door or just leave it open. The pane in the door allowed light permeability; therefore, the light shone on/disturbed sleeping guests and your shadow was easily seen by any guest outside the tiny enclosure. Same set up with separate shower and sink but door stayed closed in this tiny area. Unfortunately, the shower enclosure did not extend to the ceiling so when you grabbed for a towel, it was damp and so was the floor and sink, etc. It rained so TV audio and video transmission kept breaking up. AC cooled one corner of room but did not extend to rest of room. Structure was far from soundproof. People heard walking overhead and outside door, all night long. Breakfast was nothing to write home about and it had a miniature bar (counter and stools) stashed in one corner.. There was a compact work out room around the corner stashed in corner of cafeteria. No space wasted here. The lovely lady covering the reservations desk Saturday, the 10th, was magnificent...friendly, intelligent, helpful, and sincere with a great sense of humor and a naturalness that boggles the mind...wish I had her name as she was the one bright spot during our 3 night stay

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret S
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey over the weekend. We are sorry to hear that you did not care for the layout of this Marriott brand. We certainly hope that you continue to stay with Marriott's and find a brand that meets your needs.