See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2013

What a lovely property. Beautiful English Gardens. The spa was wonderful...sue and Shannon were wonderful massage therapists. The restaurant was good, but service a bit slow. Rooms are a bit rustic, but very clean. Overall, we had a great weekend. We will return!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marshak53
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My Family had a Reunion at Felicita Resort on the July 26th weekend.
The reviews that I saw were very mixed. I actually went to the resort about 3 months ago to see how this resort looked. It looked really nice it was cold but I felt for the month of July it would probobly be good. It was better then good. There were some communication issues when our pack rolled down to the grill at 10AM and no-one informed the staff (1Waitress & 1 cook) that we were coming that Sunday morning.
The waitress was so pleasant and dealt with us. She apologized over and over. I explained to her that I have been in this hospitality business as a Chef for over 30 years and I understand and my family understood. We understood and she did a great job. There were no stink bugs as another reviewer mentioned. The gardens were delightful. The Bocce court was full of leaves but we managed. The Pool was excellent. Clean, fresh and shade Umbrellas to protect from the sun with chairs and Chaise Lounges. All in all the food was very good the hospitality was very good and the front desk gave a cousin a few extra hours to check out. We had a great time. Thank you

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Beverly C
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a night to celebrate out anniversary. We had looked at the Hershey hotel, but couldn't justify spending over 1,000 on one night. We selected the package at felicita that included spa services and dinner. The spa was good - however due to one person calling off, the entire schedule was messed up and there were some angry individuals voicing their opinion. I got a facial and a pedicure that were very good and not as expensive as I anticipated. A three course dinner was included in the package and I changed into a nice dress for the meal. When we got to the restaurant and discovered it is just the golf lounge with a spinning display of hot dogs, I felt overdressed but went with the flow. The food was simple but good - obvious that the chef cared about the quality of the dishes.
Grounds are very pretty but overgrown. Rooms are clean but outdated. Overall was a good experience but the resort would benefit so much with some investment or advertising. We did not golf as it was raining.
I'm not sure we will go back - the value for the entire stay was the best part but if you are going to spend money, this is not the place to expect perfection.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank rydian9
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A friend and I went for a weekend getaway to try and relax and try a new place but stay local to our homes. Our first impression of Felicita was wow, a lot of overgrown everything. Our second impression, where is everyone? The reviews here said staff was rude and unresponsive but we found them to be very nice and had interest in asking us about our stay. The signs on the property kind of sucked though. It wasn't easy to find our room or building. Once we found our place, it was decent, bathroom could have been cleaner. But be forewarned if you do not like bugs and animals, do not go here. It is literally in nature. The pool was awesome. Warm and beautiful. There were tons of things to do, Basketball, tennis, golf, a tavern, the spa. But still no people at any of these. We tried the Tavern/Bar but no one was there, ever. Dinner and breakfast, no customers in site. The Italian Garden was amazing but again no one in site. But it's their clear money maker because it was the only upkept outside. Weddings happen here a lot but the wedding party we saw, wasn't having a wedding there. The place was very strange to us. Deserted and haunting. We saw probably 5 people there the whole time and that includes staff. I am thinking they are suffering from some of the bad reviews. I think I would return though because it was secluded and the staff was really nice. Upon leaving the manager had a lot of questions. I really think they are trying !

Room Tip: The AC units drown out any peaceful outdoor noise you want to hear.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank AutumninMae
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We arrived on the night of July 19, 2013. First the gripes.

The air conditioning was working, but quite noisy. The alarm clock consistently ran fast, a major drawback when the hotel advised that the wake-up service was not working. When we wanted to eat at the hotel's restaurant, the directions were hard to follow and I have a pretty good sense of direction. This was a drawback when we arrived around 6:30 and we wanted to squeeze in dinner, and some pool and hot tub time. The garden was badly in need of insect-suppression.

The good parts overall outweighed the bad parts. The pool was surprisingly good for a hotel pool; large and lap-swimmable. The hot tub was quite nice, even if the hours it was available could have been longer. The restaurant was good both at dinner and breakfast, and quite reasonably priced. The staff was quite informative when I called, and willingly downgraded the reservation from "spa" to regular. I do plan to stay there again.

The hotel should work constructively on these and other posted complaints though; it has the making of a real gem.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 50, the Magnolia room. It was fine. Just please don't plan on staying in that room next year, July 18 (we want the room back).
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple