See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A friend and I went for a weekend getaway to try and relax and try a new place but stay local to our homes. Our first impression of Felicita was wow, a lot of overgrown everything. Our second impression, where is everyone? The reviews here said staff was rude and unresponsive but we found them to be very nice and had interest in asking us about our stay. The signs on the property kind of sucked though. It wasn't easy to find our room or building. Once we found our place, it was decent, bathroom could have been cleaner. But be forewarned if you do not like bugs and animals, do not go here. It is literally in nature. The pool was awesome. Warm and beautiful. There were tons of things to do, Basketball, tennis, golf, a tavern, the spa. But still no people at any of these. We tried the Tavern/Bar but no one was there, ever. Dinner and breakfast, no customers in site. The Italian Garden was amazing but again no one in site. But it's their clear money maker because it was the only upkept outside. Weddings happen here a lot but the wedding party we saw, wasn't having a wedding there. The place was very strange to us. Deserted and haunting. We saw probably 5 people there the whole time and that includes staff. I am thinking they are suffering from some of the bad reviews. I think I would return though because it was secluded and the staff was really nice. Upon leaving the manager had a lot of questions. I really think they are trying !

Room tip: The AC units drown out any peaceful outdoor noise you want to hear.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank AutumninMae
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We arrived on the night of July 19, 2013. First the gripes.

The air conditioning was working, but quite noisy. The alarm clock consistently ran fast, a major drawback when the hotel advised that the wake-up service was not working. When we wanted to eat at the hotel's restaurant, the directions were hard to follow and I have a pretty good sense of direction. This was a drawback when we arrived around 6:30 and we wanted to squeeze in dinner, and some pool and hot tub time. The garden was badly in need of insect-suppression.

The good parts overall outweighed the bad parts. The pool was surprisingly good for a hotel pool; large and lap-swimmable. The hot tub was quite nice, even if the hours it was available could have been longer. The restaurant was good both at dinner and breakfast, and quite reasonably priced. The staff was quite informative when I called, and willingly downgraded the reservation from "spa" to regular. I do plan to stay there again.

The hotel should work constructively on these and other posted complaints though; it has the making of a real gem.

Room tip: We stayed in Room 50, the Magnolia room. It was fine. Just please don't plan on staying in that room next year, July 18 (we want the room back).
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbgusa
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I had a friend come in from out of town and we typically do a spa day and decided to try this spa to save some money this year, as opposed to going to Hershey for the spa. The website, although bosting no pictures of the spa, made it seem like a nice place. What a waste of money! We had NO problems getting an appointment just a few days in advance the weekend of Valentine's Day which should have tipped me off, and when we arrived, we didn't see anyone else in the place besides us and the staff. The facility needs a lot of updating! The carpets were dingy and had worn holes and stains in them, the furniture is held together by a prayer, but the staff was pleasant although a bit unprofessional, a little like diner staff than a resort spa staff. We had massages and they were almost decent. We decided to use the amenities and soak in the hot tub, but whatever chemical they used made us gag and choke. We had to open the door to the spa room to the outdoors and since it was February, it was freezing. It improved the gagging reflex a bit, but not entirely. One girl who came to wait on us, had the same gagging choking experience and had to leave before taking our complete order. She said that was typical and explained about that chemical being the culprit. Over all, it is still on the pricy side for a very bad experience and it's worth spending the extra $30 and going to a place where it can be a nice relaxing experience elsewhere, the way a spa resort should be!

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Kim a
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were late check-ins. No one was working the front desk so my husband called the number posted. A man walked to the office (he seemed to have been sleeping) to check us in. He didn't say much and wasn't very welcoming. Granted we did arrive around 10pm.

When we entered our room it was about 110 degrees. The day's temperature had been in the upper 90's, but the air conditioner was off. The room never really cooled down to a comfortable temperature. We didn't ask to change rooms because we were only there for 1 night.

The room smelled bad and the decor was very dated and dingy. It looked as though it hadn't been used in a few years.

It's a good thing the room was so hot, because the shower was cold! When I took a shower the next morning, I turned the water to full hot but it was barely luke warm.

When we checked out, we told the lady at the front desk but she didn't seem surprised or offer an apology.

We were just passing through so we will probably never have a reason to stay there again--but I wouldn't. It has the potential to be a very nice place, but it needs lots of improvements.

2  Thank KJPWAP
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Visited for a recent wedding - areas around the lodges are terribly weedy. Even the Italian Garden, which is their claim to fame, is run-down. The grass was cut, but the walls and steps are dirty and mortar is coming out on staircases. The stones on the paths are worn away or uneven in many places. The perennials along the sides look awful. Walked outside the Italian Garden, and it was even worse - it looked like whole areas have been abandoned to weeds. I did not go on the garden tour that is advertised on their website, but I cannot imagine it gets better in other sections.

Date of stay: June 2013