“Somewhat disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We love seafood, but we have not been to this restaurant in many years so we decided to try it out for lunch. My sister ordered the calamari appetizer, intending to share it with me, which was good because the portion was huge. We even had enough to bring home. It was good, but slightly more chewy than what we recently had at Olivia's. She also ordered a spinach salad, which was quite disappointing in the taste of its dressing and in general. She did receive a tasty yeast roll to go along.

I had the soft shell crab sandwich. It was crunchy, but slightly disappointing in taste as if frozen past its peak moment. That can be a problem with soft shells, but I was hoping for better from a seafood restaurant. The french fries, which were served as a side, were excellent.

Service was good although we did have to wait a bit. There was only other thing that concerned me. We each had a Pepsi with a refill, but they charged a dollar more than other restaurants. I would pay that only for Pepsi! I wonder if it is so expensive to encourage customers to drink wine or beer? We may go back at some future time, but I am not in a hurry to do so.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

always OK but expensive for what you get! The wife loves it so I go. Seafood is OK but the steaks are terrible!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Company dinner,(8 people) great service and the food was perfect. All ordered appetizers. Food came out at proper time. Portions were appropriate to price. Waitress was top notch.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Stopped by for crab legs and they tasted like soap. I returned them and ordered something else only to find I was charged for both meals even though there was clearly something wrong with my meal.

2  Thank 2014CorvetteStingray
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Met here after the husband and sons went to Gettysburg and my daughter in law and I went shopping. No problem parking in the lot and we were seated right away. Service was a little slow as were refills. Everyone said their food was good, nothing special.

Been to Bay City Restaurant? Share your experiences!