“Great shake and fries”

Ranked #7 of 138 Restaurants in Hanover
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Shakes and fries were great. Nice conversation with our waitress who told us about the restaurant's history.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I love finding great nostalgic places, this is certainly one of them. Prices can't be beat, two big chili dogs and fries for 8 bucks. The atmosphere is that of an old-school down home diner. A GREAT alternative to the same old fast-food options.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The Famous has occupied a space in downtown Hanover for almost a century. Its specialties are the weiners, and various egg and cheese sanwiches, along with fries fries, and surprisingly good soups and deserts. We've been visiting there for decades. It's located just a block from the center of town.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

There a contest throughout the region, voting on the best wieners in York County! It is hotly debated by the locals as to who has the best ones. For us, famous hot wiener is our choice!

The only time I ever eat a raw onion is at famous hot Weiner. You have to get a hotdog with the works! Mustard, chili sauce, onions. I will also order my fries with everything! Or try cheese dip your fries in, or just chili sauce (there are no beans)!!

No matter how you order it, you will be delighted! When I am being conscious of calories, I will order a roll with everything. !!! You don’t get that snap of the perfectly cooked hotdogs, but you do get the delight of all the flavor!!

You may have to wait in line for a table, but you will not wait long, even at peak hours! Wait for a booth, or seat Yourself at the center tables. The service is fast, you can usually be in and out within 30 minutes.

The best description I’ve ever heard about the famous hot wiener is: you go there, you eat the hotdog and the fries, they are good. You don’t realize how good they are until about a week later, when you start having cravings for them! One trip and you will be hooked....

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Oh it's true I feel in love with the Hot dawg spot and the town during a drive through in the 70s.Yea it's been that long so let's get to what makes it soooo good
Traditition,service and a step back in time to when towns had a social place where everybody knew everybody
I am a switcher sometimes I love the the insane piled high onions other times just the Chilli and it's mandatory I have a milk shake to follow
During your next visit I hope to see you there.....

Been to The Famous Hot Weiner? Share your experiences!