“Pizza and Italian food done right”
Review of Il Pizzaiolo

Il Pizzaiolo
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Glenshaw
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Il Pizzaiolo now has two other locations in Mt. Lebanon and Wexford in addition to this one. As a fan of the one in Mt. Lebanon, I was eager to try the newest location, so my wife and I talked each other into stopping there for lunch on the way home from a hike at Beechwood Farm (also highly recommended), despite both of us being sweaty and dirty. We got there shortly after they opened and both ordered a basic margherita pizza and a side salads. Note: they serve about three different margherita pizzas, but we recommend the one with their homemade mozzarella on it. They do serve one with imported cheese, but I have no idea why anyone would choose that over freshly-made mozzarella. Go figure. Anyway, in addition to the home made cheese, they use the sweet San Marzano tomato sauce, a scattering of fresh basil, and everything sits on a pretty much perfect wood-fire baked crust. I love a bready crust and normally prefer that to a thin crust, but their crust does not feel like settling at all. We were also pleased with the salads, which featured a nice mix of greens. My only quibble was with the baby carrots on them. They were a little clunky in an otherwise delicious salad. My experience with the rest of the menu in their other location would lead me to believe that anything you order will be good. They have a nice outdoor seating area, but there's not much to look at really, some trees but mostly parking lot. Despite that, it still looked inviting. What I like most about this restaurant is that they highlight what I love about Italian food: you keep it simple and you keep it fresh.

1  Thank CatyD2013