“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Review of Cala Lily Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

From the outside, you wouldn't expect this to be a fine dining restaurant. Inside, it's small and intimate. They have an interesting menu selection and the food is very good. It is pricey though. I would definitely go back, especially to celebrate a special occassion.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have been eating at this restaurant ever since it opened and have never had a bad meal. I have known this chef of over 25 years at two separate restaurants and have always been pleased.

1  Thank TOM H
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic meal at the Cala Lily Café two weeks ago. This is definitely the place to go for a special occasion. The restaurant sits in a very small strip mall and would be easy to miss but don't be fooled. They serve some of the best food this city has to offer. The Ron's salad was a great way to start our meals and the cranberries were a great addition. I opted for their pumpkin tortellini alfredo, and you won't go wrong if you do too. The pasta was fresh and the pumpkin tasty and creamy. Their portions are also right sized, not too big and not too small. Our server was very attentive and right on with her recommendations. She wasn't intrusive but always made sure to keep our water glasses full and made a great suggestion for a bottle of wine that we loved. We went on a Thursday evening and the restaurant was busy but not overly loud. It's a rather small venue so making reservations would be advisable. They also have an early dinner menu until 6:30 PM that can help keep down the price. This is a rather expensive restaurant but the quality made it well worth the price we paid. We definitely think you should give the Cala Lily a try. We think you will be as impressed as we were.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a hidden jewel. If you don't know where it is, you might miss it. A very small intimate dining experience.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Cala Lily never dissapoints. Unassuming storefront and small homey interior hides culinary brilliance! Top notch fare, interesting combinations, and ever changing menu make this place a new experience each time. Call for reservations, especially at prime dinner time on weekends. This is the type of place that I hope people don't find, but at the same time I want to shout how great it is on rooftops. The seafood I had this past weekend at Caly Lily was FAR better than highly rated seafood restaurants I recently ate at in Washington, D.C. Can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank 007_HappyTraveler