“Rich's Deli has the best Hoagies anywhere!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rich's Delicatessen
Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I used to come with my parents to Rich's Deli when I was a teenager. Now, 40 years later, Rich still runs the Deli and makes the same excellent Hoagies I remember from 40 years ago! The bread Rich uses can be found nowhere else and the hoagies he makes with them will melt in your mouth! I have lived outside of Pennsylvania for so long, I thought I would never taste his great hoagies again, but am glad I was able to make it back here one more time! Rich is great, too! Loves to talk with the customers and hear about your travels. Great guy and the best Deli in the entire Philadelphia area!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Great food, great service, great prices! This place has been around for decades and only gets better with the passing of time. Great value on delicious food!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Fast pace, good service, nice choices. If you want something other than a chain restaurant this is a nice stop for breakfast.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

The mobs of diners at Pumpernick's is testimony to its popularity. The service is usually good with most of the wait staff being there for years. The menu is vast and the usual deli specialities such as lox, omelet's and most sandwiches are good but don't expect 6th avenue deli corn beef specials. By comparison, the sandwiches are small and the rye bread, despite my multiple complaints, always seems stale. I now avoid them. Yet we keep going back because there are few other descent delis in the immediate area. A few miles away is the infinitely better Ben and Irv's.

1  Thank Foody-MD
Reviewed 10 November 2016

YES, it's a deli and yes there is only seating outdoors (if the weather is OK). But step inside,Go to the order counter and ORDER>>Food is prepared right there and when its finished you go to the cashier and pay..Pretty Simple.BUT< not only is it GOOD, BUT it's HUGE....I like to eat, But I had to take home a portion of the sandwich..Yes the usual,(CHIPS,Pretzels,Drinks & Cakes) are available, so you wont go home hungry.Its sort of off the Pike and always a line at lunch, but everyone in the know ( especially the construction crews) stops for a great lunch....TRY IT...