All reviews bel aire presque isle joe roots breakfast buffet pool area room was clean hot tub sausage great pool new carpet waffles state park would stay again staff was friendly cereal chlorine conditioner
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff from the front desk to the dining area is very friendly and efficient! The breakfast is good and hearty just like grandma's. The decor needs updating just like grandma's. The hotel is a series of hallways and is truly a maze. They need more signage for the halls and the whirlpool. The swimming pool is good, however I observed children as young as one to about 11 in the whirlpool. The small sign states no children younger than 15, but it isn't enforced. Nice Grandma's house may not be perfect, but always nice.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We arrived late at night and checked in around midnight. We were told it would be easier to access the room from the back, outside entrance. Finding the room with poor lighting and signs was a maze of hallways and doors, not what I anticipated after an 8 hour drive. The room with 2 queen beds was adequate, nothing special. Clearly an older facility trying to keep up. The restaurant was nicely decorated and updated and the complimentary breakfast was decent with a good choice of items. A quick glimpse into an event room seemed quite nice. The pool area maintained the vintage "60s Bel Aire" look, which was very interesting and a good space to lounge.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Amazed in deed. This floor plan is nothing short of a maze. I felt like Mario in the video game. I felt like Robert Muehller-I was on a witch hunt. I literally had to go outside & walk around through the parking lot to go from my room to the breakfast area & similar route. Some hotel engineers are guilty of not thinking enough before building but this one was thinking too much. My room was good once I found it & the bed was comfortable & the people were nice to me especially the nice woman that checked me in. They also allowed me to check out late & I appreciate that. My fishing trip got cancelled for a storm & I needed the rest. Breakfast & coffee was good.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I was told I could stay here because they offered a discount for hospital patients and I was having heart surgery the next morning. So I booked a room when I got there they had no reservations for us then came up with a room then proceeded to charge my debit card 6 times yes $37 for each bounced check my son in law put the 2 night stay on his card. I can't understand why they had to do that I originally only wanted 1 night and had enough in the bank to cover that.

Room Tip: Ho find somewhere better to stay even the restaurant was bad 1 waitress and the cook quit so nobody was getting any service
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Roberta J
Reviewed 17 August 2018

We have stayed at this hotel in the past,but it has really been neglected! Everything looked dingy and dirty. Carpets,walls,floors were all nasty!Fortunately we were out all day and parts of the evenings. The breakfast wasn't bad. It was pretty standard for the complementary buffet.
The air conditioning unit is ancient and did not work properly. We were other sweltering or freezing. It was also LOUD! The blankets and bedspread were down right scary and I brought my own blanket in to sleep. The mattress was pretty bad as well. The only saving grace is this dump is next door to Joe Root' s restaurant and 5 minutes from Sara's drive in and Presque Isle State Park. If you have kids,it probably is a decent value,but I would keep them out of the pool and hot tub! DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple