All reviews bel aire presque isle joe roots breakfast buffet pool area room was clean hot tub sausage great pool new carpet waffles state park would stay again staff was friendly cereal chlorine conditioner
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Amazed in deed. This floor plan is nothing short of a maze. I felt like Mario in the video game. I felt like Robert Muehller-I was on a witch hunt. I literally had to go outside & walk around through the parking lot to go from my room to the breakfast area & similar route. Some hotel engineers are guilty of not thinking enough before building but this one was thinking too much. My room was good once I found it & the bed was comfortable & the people were nice to me especially the nice woman that checked me in. They also allowed me to check out late & I appreciate that. My fishing trip got cancelled for a storm & I needed the rest. Breakfast & coffee was good.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I was told I could stay here because they offered a discount for hospital patients and I was having heart surgery the next morning. So I booked a room when I got there they had no reservations for us then came up with a room then proceeded to charge my debit card 6 times yes $37 for each bounced check my son in law put the 2 night stay on his card. I can't understand why they had to do that I originally only wanted 1 night and had enough in the bank to cover that.

Room Tip: Ho find somewhere better to stay even the restaurant was bad 1 waitress and the cook quit so nobody was getting any service
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Roberta J
Reviewed 17 August 2018

We have stayed at this hotel in the past,but it has really been neglected! Everything looked dingy and dirty. Carpets,walls,floors were all nasty!Fortunately we were out all day and parts of the evenings. The breakfast wasn't bad. It was pretty standard for the complementary buffet.
The air conditioning unit is ancient and did not work properly. We were other sweltering or freezing. It was also LOUD! The blankets and bedspread were down right scary and I brought my own blanket in to sleep. The mattress was pretty bad as well. The only saving grace is this dump is next door to Joe Root' s restaurant and 5 minutes from Sara's drive in and Presque Isle State Park. If you have kids,it probably is a decent value,but I would keep them out of the pool and hot tub! DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dianedickey0
Reviewed 15 August 2018

This is by far the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in. From the moment I stepped into the hotel I could tell it was not clean and it only got worse from there. The floors throughout the hotel were dirty. The walls badly need paint/wallpaper. the lighting is poor throughout and the signage is barley existent. It literally took me 10 mins to find my room and the staff at the desk could not tell me where the elevator was. I was wandering around the hotel and had to ask 2 different staff members to finally find my room which was a total disappointment. The beds looked like they were made by a teenager and my bedspread had what looked like blood on it. I immediately removed it from the bed and the blanket underneath was questionable. The entire hotel was damp and musty. My bathroom sink was dirty, there was a very long black hair in the sink and the faucet was clearly not cleaned in the last month. Completely gross and I wish I would have read the reviews before I booked, an over site I will not make in the future. I would recommend that no one stay in your hotel until it is updated and CLEANED!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lizottejen55
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The room was dirty and the bathtub had mold so we couldn’t even take showers. The pool water looked very murky and disgusting by the time there was any room at the pool so we couldn’t swim either, if you stay here DO NOT stay by the pool area unless you enjoy children constantly screaming as early as 8-8:30 am all the way to 11 pm.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family