“nice but needs some work”

Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort
Ranked #2 of 63 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride, Slide, Splash And Plunge Your Way To Fun At Splash Lagoon In Erie, PA. From 9 Swirling Water Slides, Relax In The Family Whirlpools, Float Down The Lazy River, Play In Adventure Bay, Get drenched by The 1,000 Gallon Tipping Bucket, Toddler Play Areas, Explore The 5 Story Tiki Tree House, 6,000 Sq Ft Of Gaming Fun In Treasure Island Arcade, One Of The Best Places To Kid Around For Your Birthday Or Group Outing.Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Wild Waves Indoor Wavepool opening Fall 2011! Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Coming Soon-10,000 Sq Ft Wave Pool Coming Spring 2009!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was the fourth year we have taken our two boys (3 and 8) for an over night before school starts trip. We have always felt this was a great place and it still is in some ways. I noticed last year that a lot of the non slip strips in the tiki tree house were missing or coming up. This year I found the exact same thing and actually tripped on them twice this time. If simple safety maintenance like this cant be fixed then what else are we not seeing? I noticed cracks in places on some of the pool and hot tub floors and paint is peeling off of some of the murals on the walls. Yes I know it is August and busy season but these are simple things that could be fixed while they are closed. They are not even open until 10 am most days so that should give them plenty of time for maintenance.
Aslo they advertise everything is heated and the park is kept at 82 degrees. My children were actually shivering walking between pools so I cant believe they kept it as warm as they promised.
There is a lot for kids to do, though and the lifeguards do try to keep order. I saw a few actually correct kids for pushing and shoving little ones which I hadn't seen before. The wave pool has plenty of space to enjoy the waves and they are very frequent. Both of my boys were never bored. I just cant say if we will be back after we paid such a high amount of money for something that doesn't seem to be cared for by management.

Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback, and for being such loyal guests. We have daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance plans to make sure the entire facility is at its best each time you visit. I apologize that the slip strips needed attention during your last two visits, as these are regularly replaced. We will address this immediately. Our annual maintenance shut down is in September, and we will be sure to address your other concerns as well. We hope to see you here again, Carrie

There are newer reviews for Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great hotel staff at Residence Inn and great experience at the water park. Kids had a blast and spent hours on the slides.

Thank you for your review. We will share this with the hotel and waterpark teams. Stop back again soon! Carrie

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Comfort Inn. The room was very nice and clean. The walk to Splash Lagoon wasn't bad & only took a few minutes. Splash Lagoon was very clean and the life guards were very attentive. We had a fabulous time and my kids loved the red & yellow water slides and the wave pool! We will definitely be returning!!

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit. Carrie

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter, myself and two grandsons (ages 3 and 6) took a mini vacation while our husbands were all gone for the weekend. The grandsons had a ball! Even though they couldn't go on the big slides, between the section for the younger kids, the two different family hot tubs and the wave pool, they never got bored. We did bring the kids floaties/life jackets but Splash Lagoon had plenty there to put on the kids if you didn't have your own.
The life guards were all over and at every pool/hot tub/ play area. They did a wonderful job of making sure everyone was safe and didn't let any kids got out of hand.
The lockers were $9 to rent for the entire day, although we felt very safe leaving our bag with our towels and things on a table nearby. The food was a little over priced but nothing different than you would find in any park (indoor or outdoor) that you would go to. The ice cream was awesome!
We can't wait to go back.

Thank you for telling us what you loved about your visit. I was glad to hear that everyone had a great time! Carrie

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My grandkids were 10,15,and 16. I enjoyed beating them in a basketball shootdown. I also enjoyed the wavepool and the heated pools with them. The slides were out of my reach, but the kids enjoyed them. Overall we had an enjoyable two days.

Thank you for choosing Splash Lagoon for your family's getaway! Carrie