All reviews safari grill cracker barrel keurig coffee maker great hotel room was clean pool and hot tub front desk staff would definitely stay here again splash lagoon staff was very friendly peach street parking lot short drive free breakfast convenient location off the highway nice stay
Reviewed 7 September 2018

I choose a Major Hotel (HILTON) connected to a Conference Center. My Work Vehicle was broken into and OVER $25,000.00 of Equipment was taken. No Local Police, Only Reported to PA State Police. Hotel Manager had NO Involvement, NO Camera's, VERY DISAPPOINTED. You would Think a Major Hotel connected to a Conference Center would have some sort of Protection. Had Very Strong Signs of a Inside Job. STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK, NO PARKING LOT & VEHICLE PROTECTION!

Room tip: Stay at Your Risk, No Vehicle Protection!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jen F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Erie. You spoke with both myself and the General Manager. We are both sorry for what happened. As you can see and what we mentioned to you, there are signs throughout the parking lot stating "park at your own risk, valuables should be removed" as their are no cameras in the lots. Although, this does not make up for the inconvenience, we have expressed your concerns to ownership. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

The hotel itself was very nice. Lots of Amenities. The hotel staff at the front desk were extremely kind and helpful. Because it was our anniversary, one front desk worker gave my wife and I a free breakfast voucher and brought some bubbly up to our room! Only downsides were breakfast was average, min $15 for room service (called for dessert and had to pick up up), A/C start up was loud in our room, and the hotel fire alarm went off in the AM.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2018

we stayed at the hilton garden inn because i promised my son he could order a custom omelette, the breakfast was excellent. the entire stay was great. friendly and efficient staff. the room was very clean and comfortable. this is my new favorite for coming to the area for the future.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jen F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Hilton Garden Inn Erie to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. If something isn't just the way you like it, simply let any Team Member know, and we will make it right. Guaranteed.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

My husband and I stayed here overnight on our way home to Canada. We were on a romantic solo vacation without the kids, so I booked a whirlpool room with a king size bed.

Check in was okay. I found the woman who helped me at the front desk to be a little abrupt, but otherwise everything went smoothly.

Parking was ample and the hotel itself seemed to be in fairly decent shape. Our room was a little dated. but very clean. When it comes to hotel beds, I don't usually have much of an opinion, but this king-size bed was probably one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in -- the mattress and the covers were so cozy...I didn't want to leave.

The whirlpool tub was clean and worked fine. The only issue I had was that the front panel kept falling off (see photos). It didn't affect the use of the tub, but it was mildly annoying. I would suggest that management install a better fix so this doesn't continue to happen. The two-sided tape just isn't cutting it anymore.

The room had a mini fridge, microwave, and a Keurig which were nice extras.

Overall, a great overnight stay -- comfortable and relaxing. I would definitely recommend!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jen F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We’ve been staying to this property in Erie, PA for years (15+) and have never experienced a problem. The staff is always pleasant and reliable. This was not the case during our most recent visit. The Assistant Manager who checked us in was rude and condescending. There was a problem with our room and she was extremely dismissive whenever we inquired about the issue. These rooms are not cheap and her attitude about the situation was not appreciated. Eventually we sorted things it but it should not have required so much effort on my part. The dining room staff was excellent and friendly as always.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank dwilkons0n
Jen F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Erie. I was the Assistant Manager that checked you in and I apologize that you thought I was rude. I switched you to a new room as soon as you made the complaint of the smoke smell in the first room you checked into. I apologized to you and let you know that room was a previously smoking room and our staff has deep cleaned the room several times to get the smell out. We understand many people are very sensitive to the smoke smell and we are getting our guest room carpets replaced in the near future. Again, I apologize that you feel I did not provide you with great service. Please contact me if there is anything else I can do for you at this time. Thank you.