All reviews mini water park hot soup wine trail front desk cinnamon rolls room was clean wine country hot tub sausage off the highway parking lot lake erie gas station pool area would stay here again breakfast was excellent a great place to stay
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

All evening and first thing in the morning boom boom boom, pause, boom boom boom boom, pause, boom boom boom, roar from a truck then boom boom boom. If you'd like to trade a good night's sleep for high ceilings and a little upscale decoration then stay here. I've never liked holiday inn. They are empty pretentious at a price. I was pissed that the price went up later in the day. I could blame myself for not making a reservation but sometimes I can get a better deal at the front desk. I never know how to play the game. I just know that an executive just got a few more dollars for his summer home on the cape. The building is new and clean and well maintained. The staff are professional. The pool is a mini water park. Breakfast is above average processed foods. Those perfect little cheese omelets can only be made in a factory. 12 foot ceilings in the dining room. The coffee wasn't bad and I love coffee. The Wi-Fi was very good. The hair dryer would not shut off. You had to unplug it from the wall. The shower has very high water pressure. Almost painful. The bathroom is nice with a recessed set of shelves filled with bath essentials. The bed was quite comfy (boom boom boom above). Good pillows. The building is right next to the freeway and the exit which explains the noise. There was a nice sitting area on my floor overlooking the pool.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jay S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Tom,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you experienced with your room accommodation. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We were visiting our friends over the weekend and stayed at this hotel - Has excellent all round facilities, swimming area, lap pool, good room size with sitting area...

Good continental breakfast, friendly staff...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Jay S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Dhiren,
I am so happy to hear our accommodations, newly build indoor water park, breakfast area and staff was able to help you enjoy your time with us! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff, I'm sure they will appreciate knowing all their hard work does not go unnoticed! I hope you will think of us again if you are in our area!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Took my girl and her granddaughter check in very easy room ready clean ,staff very friendly ,service was great ,free very good breakfast plenty variety of food .Hotel walking distance to water park and arcade must say great place to bring family and friends.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nkylnd

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of our Holiday Inn Express. We always look forward to feedback from our valued guests. I will pass on your review to our staff and thank you again for choosing us for your hotel needs in the Erie area.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I were traveling thru to the east coast... I thought the hotel was very nice. The pool is outstanding. The exercise equipment needs an update. The breakfast was good. Overall a good visit. The room was good, I slept well.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Diana,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express. As always, we aim to make sure our guests are as satisfied with their stay as possible. I am always pleased to hear such nice comments such as yours. I look forward to sharing the results with the staff to show them that hard work does produce positive results.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We were traveling as a couple and only needed a king room for sleeping; other than the morning buffet (continental) breakfast we did not use any of the hotel's other facilities. The hotel advertises that it has been recently "remodeled". The lobby area is almost stunning, very contemporary, clean, bright, and non-lobbylike, very appealing. The directions to our room, and the signage could use some improvement, especially the signage. The hallway was non-descript, when we stepped into our room is where the warm fuzzy feeling left us. Although perhaps "updated" the room did not appear to be completely remodeled. The first noticeable clue was a large stain on the floor. The room was spacious with only one king bed and furniture. The bed was OK, not great, not bad. It was quite odd, because you could see that some parts of the room had been refreshed, but not completed. The door was clean and painted, but the door frame was the same old "crummy gold" of yesteryear. The bathroom had been improved, but looks nowhere near as nice as the photos that I have seen online. Anyway, I had read another review similar to this one where they said they thought they we in the un-remodeled part of the hotel. It seems like a large hotel, and didn't seem too busy; I would have thought we might have been assigned a room in the "newer" section; especially since we are a part of the Intercontinental Hotels travel program. We only needed a good nights rest, and we got that; and the breakfast was good. Overall I might give them an 80% on satisfying my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a FULLY remodeled room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hello WIJRD,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you had a grant night at the hotel and found our breakfast good. On the other hand, I am sorry to read that we did not live up to your expectations. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.