“AMAZING VIEWS, AMAZING STAFF”

Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Erie
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The BEST hotel in Erie! My husband travels to Erie for work every week and thought we should check out the city since it's close and there are beaches. I was blown away as soon as I noticed the hotel was right on the water. Who would have thought this was in Erie, PA! The staff was amazing. As we were checking in, a nicely dressed young gentleman gave us great suggestions on what to do and see. One of the coolest things were the houses in the water in their state park (which is free to enter). They not only told us how to get to the mall but they also printed out directions and gave us a business card to call in case we got lost! I mean that is service! We travel quite a bit and I don't think I've ever experienced that level of initiative.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor, facing the marina and boats and it was BEAUTIFUL!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GalleryColab
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you for your recent visit and for leaving us such a wonderful review of the hotel! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you can come back and visit us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Don't knock Erie. This property is outstanding. Sits right on the water. Unbelievably friendly and accommodating staff. The property has a warm and elegant feel. Good selection of cardio equipment in fitness center. Free weights and resistance training as well. Restaurant is outstanding! Great patio off the restaurant to enjoy a meal or a nightcap while watching the sunset over the lake. I am told it is the top restaurant in the Sheraton brand. I travel weekly and would absolutely stay here again on future visits to Erie.

Room Tip: Views are good whether or not you face the lake or the dockside.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank FrequentTraveler1964

Thanks for your AMAZING review of the Sheraton! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and got the chance to experience our award winning restaurant on the Bay! We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We were lead to believe that every room had a view of the water. I guess it does if you consider the water on the roof of the front of the building behind a sign. Not what we had in mind. Not really pet friendly either when there is no place for pet to take care of business. Nice restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a direct view of the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kamelia V
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Sheraton. I appreciate you taking the time to provide me with your valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for the problem you experienced with the room you were assigned too that had a poor view. We are also addressing the pet issue this summer with some additional grass space installed outside the hotel. If you ever return to the Sheraton, please let me know and I will ensure you have the best room possible. Thank you

Reviewed 11 August 2017

My husband and I spent 2 nights in a deluxe view club level room at the Sheraton Erie Bayfront hotel. We arrived on Sunday. We went to our room with a nice view on the bay. The closet is fine with 2 hanging sides and few shelves but there are no drawers in the room. It was missing a bulb in the bathroom and as a maid was cleaning the room across from ours, we told her about it. Then we went down and took a drink on the enjoyable outside patio, before to go nibble on our evening hors d'œuvres included in our room price. We were seated, waiting for the small buffet to be completely set up, and we saw, certainly a maintenance person judging by his cloth that approach the buffet and discretly took a piece of chicken nugget. We were so shocked that we did not even thought of saying something. After we went out to visit a friend. We came back around 9pm and went to the swimming pool and fitness center. First remark is that beside the bathroom there is no changing room and also there was no towel. I add to go tell the reception desk which sent someone with few towels 10 minutes later. The swimming pool is inside and there were several kids that were quite loud for an enclosed room but this is not the hotel’s fault neither is the drunk lady that came in and had an inappropriate behavior but this is the hotel responsibility to have a line working in the pool area. The lady (even so I should not call her a lady) left the pool when someone tried to call on the pool phone but the line was disconnected. The next day, after our included breakfast mini buffet (not to my taste but I am European) we left our room around 11am taking the sign do not disturb off the door. We stopped by the welcome desk to tell them that we will be out for several hours so they could clean our room and by the way change the bulb not working in our bathroom but when we came back at 5pm our room was still not done. Hopefully we gave them the time to clean our room while we were snacking with the evening hors d’oeuvres. And that was it, the rest was just normal hotel operations. We left tuesday morning after breakfast. So, beside the great location of this hotel, the room with lake view, few good employees (breakfast and buffet of the club level), there are a lot of flows to correct in this hotel. And this is what I told them when I left within the fact that the bathroom light bulb was still out. To end this review, the hotel being located next to the convention center, I know, they do not need my business but personally I do not think I will go back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to communicate your positive and negative experiences with me. I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced with the incident in the indoor pool along with the club lounge during your recent stay with us. I will be sure to review both these situations and the Housekeeping issue with my hotel leadership team so they can see how this made a negative impact on your stay and how we can make corrective actions to eliminate these situations moving forward. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you in Erie again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Along with some friends, we booked a one night stay at this Sheraton location on August 4. We were put into room 311 which had an AWFUL view of THE ROOF!! (See pics). We were all very disappointed with the room because we booked this hotel solely for the purpose of the amazing views they have, despite the room it's self being very nice. I called the front desk and Devin was extremely helpful in getting our room moved to something with a much better view. He was patient with our request, despite having a line of people waiting to check in. Not only did he do this for us, he also accommodated our friends with a new room with a much better view. It made our experience 100% better! We had drinks and dinner in the lobby bar/restaurant. The staff there, especially Kellie at the bar, were amazing!!! Helpful, fun, and patient (with all of our kids also!) are the best words to describe them. They had a wonderful two-member band that played great music! They kept us there all evening until they were through. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who is is traveling to the Presque Isle/Erie!! It's very beautiful with great scenery! (Just stay away from rooms 311/309 for their less-than-stellar views). Also, parking is an additional charge of $12....which I think is something that should be included since it's their own garage!! (I'm never a fan of all the 'nickel and diming'). Thanks again to Devin and Kellie for being so helpful and making our trip positively memorable!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle M

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton. I am pleased the you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be very helpful! We have live entertainment on our bayside restaurant patio every Friday and Saturday during the summer. We hope you can come back and visit us again soon!