See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2017

It takes a long drive up the mountain to reach the hotel, but you'll be rewarded by panoramic views of the surrounding tea plantation and a sunrise that warms your soul. Staff members were courteous and friendly, dinner and breakfast options were tasty, and the free bottled water and free wifi in the rooms was a nice touch. There's an outdoor area with many parakeets (aka lovebirds) that the staff can show you. Don't miss the tea plantation tour nearby.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a balcony so you can watch the sunrise
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

First a word about Munnar...mesmerizing greenery with full of surprises and treats. If you are on quest to explore south India, you should not miss this place.

I came to know about Joys Palace from a friend who works with me in Dubai. He had been here. The location is in Anachal, a magnificent place, a little away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is really courteous and prompt. They really helped in exploring Munnar. They serve excellent food which was one of my concerns before coming here.

On the whole, I am totally satisfied with the service they offrered. I would like to thank them for making my time special here. Anyone who has the instinct of love for nature must vist Munnar.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
joyspalace2016, Guest Relations Manager at Munnar Joys Palace Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. I will look into bathroom lights issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel. Share your experience in "munnar joys palace resort" facebook page also a grate honer for us...

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Munnar, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

We arrived in Munnar in the evening and by chance our driver dropped us off at Joys Palace. We got greeted by incredibly helpful staff and got our rooms with no hassle. The next day we had a great breakfast served by the management. The management also provided dinner that day in a traditional style with banana leafs. Our stay was great and the only thing I can complain about was that the bathroom lights were out of order.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
joyspalace2016, Guest Relations Manager at Munnar Joys Palace Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and the rooms and staff were great! The management has changed and I have no idea how it was before, but all I can say is that this place is great now.

It feels more like staying as house guests rather than a hotel.

The staff is very friendly and even served us great breakfast and dinner.

They have a jeep which we took for some mountain sightseeing.

Would definitely return here!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
joyspalace2016, Guest Relations Manager at Munnar Joys Palace Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. Share your experience in "munnar joys palace resort" facebook page also a grate honer for us...

Reviewed 24 February 2016

I have been to the hotel for 2 nights 15th & 16th Feb, 2016. We have booked room.
Dinner is superb as I was slightly afraid of coconut oil food, but I had my dinner in the hotel only as I liked the food very much. . Staff- Always smiling and ready to help. They takes care of their guest. I remember few names - Nijin,abhi, and all other members. Thank you everyone for making my trip awesome.
You will be leaving from the hotel with smiling face.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
joyspalace2016, Guest Relations Manager at Munnar Joys Palace Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Dir Sir,

Thanks for the compliment, and we are expected your future cooperation.