“Where's the Bacon???”
Review of Bacon Gourmet

Bacon Gourmet
Ranked #190 of 304 Restaurants in Easton
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My husband and I went to this restaurant last Thursday night for a treat. We are early eaters so we were there before 6pm. The place is very inviting, clean bright, but not too bright. A few diners were there, not too many. We were offered a seat in a small dining room off the main dining room "couples room" I think it was called. The room was really pleasant, but no windows and one over head light that was rather inadequate for reading a menu. One other couple was in this area. So the food... service was SLOW and I mean ridiculously so. We had soup that was served tepid, not hot, not even warm. I chose the Tomato with bacon broth and basil... TERRIBLE. It tasted as though they took Campbell's tomato soup, chopped up canned tomatoes, added sugar and basil and almost heated it up... I could not eat this, I told the waitstaff what was wrong, I was stilled billed. The main course: Seafood Fra Diabolo and Chicken Parm. The seafood was generous and cooked perfectly on a bed of pasta that was perfect al dente, however the sauce was so hot you could not taste the meal, it was just one big burn, not the tingly spicy wake up your taste buds type, just excessive heat. The Chicken farm was served with the cloyingly sweet marinara sauce and the cheese was browned, but not the ooey-gooey cheese that you would expect, just bits of browned cheese that cooled to a rubbery chew. The meat was cooked well, juicy and tender. What a disappointment for 50 dollars, may be this chef instead of winning Chopped, should of been chopped and not encouraged to open a restaurant. Try your luck at other places in town, there are plenty to choose from. My husband ordered a Manhattan served in a martini glass,the vermouth was undetectable so the drink was quite unbalanced, but at least it was strong... So bar is lacking also.

1  Thank Betty M
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Being a vegetarian, I was a little skeptical about going to a restaurant focused on bacon but I was assured that there were vegetarian options. I am really glad I went. I had a veggie wrap and it had to be one of the best ones I have ever had. The other people in my party all had meat dishes and not one person was disappointed. Location is very nice with adequate parking. If you can't find a spot when you first turn in, there is additional parking down the hill. It is not paved parking so if on a motorcycle, try to park where you first turn in.

This place is also very motorcycle friendly and everyone who works there was super nice. The only criticism is that they still have to work out some kinks in the kitchen as far as when the food comes out. But be patient, it is well worth the wait. To be fair, we were a group of 18 so that is never easy but they were so welcoming and the waiter was so nice that waiting a little bit really wasn't an issue at all. And to be even more fair, they haven't even been open two weeks yet.

1  Thank DebbieW41

Been to Bacon Gourmet? Share your experiences!