“Outstanding BBQ. Two reasons I didn't give 5 stars....”

Red White and Que Smokehouse
Ranked #141 of 304 Restaurants in Easton
Price range: USD 4 - USD 20
Description: For us at Red White & Que, BBQ is more than just delicious food. It represents a rebellious spirit while still holding fast to old school American traditions. It's the food we eat when we come together with friends and neighbors in celebration. A Celebration of the American Dream fully realized.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

My wife and I first became aware of this new BBQ joint at the Easton Farmer's Market over the summer (Garlic Fest). I didnt try it at the time, but my wife had a Brisket sandwich and just loved it. Well, last night we were searching for something different and we remembered this place so we took a drive.

Nestled in the back of the Forks Commons shopping center, you wouldn't necessarily know this place was back there unless you were separately aware of it's existence. We arrived and there were several people eating but it wasn't busy. The smell when you enter is very satisfying and you get that smokey/sweet whiff of air. The general manager helped us out with understanding the menu, and we ordered. I had the Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich and my wife had the 1/4 pound brisket. I got the Mac & Cheese side (comes with it) and we also ordered the baked beans and the collard greens as sides. They were out of cornbread. We sat down at one of the long banquet-style tables which was actually pretty wobbly (easy fix for that guys!) so I had to put something under the foot to prop it up. Looking around there are a lot of references to military and I come to find out that owner is a Marine Veteran and actively supports veteran causes. They also give 10% off for fellow vets (of which I am also a USMC vet). The food arrived and looked really appetizing. There was at least a 1/2 pound of pulled pork on my sandwich, and the brisket looked juicy. The sauces were all very good (the ones we tried). I especially liked the sweet hot habanero and the mustard-based sauce.

OK, so the two reasons I didnt give 5 stars. First, I did notice that patrons can purchase gift cards for Veterans to get a free meal. I thought this was for vets that were in *need* of a meal, not just any vet. Apparently not the case - they have regular events where vets can come in on a certain day and get a free meal based on those gift cards having been purchased. I was kind of hoping that those gift cards went towards a veteran's outreach organization or something similar. Second, we decided to try the banana pudding dessert (the only dessert on the menu). $5 and it was a very small serving (came in the same size container as the sides). For pudding, this is severely overpriced for the amount you're giving. Either size-up to the next size container, or charge less guys ($3.50 maybe?).

Otherwise, the BBQ here was outstanding and I would definitely come back on a regular basis when in the area for lunch or dinner. We are from the Palmer area so it's a little out of the way if we're looking for a quick place to go eat.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

ate for the first time at Red,White and Que. it was deliciousness. The sandwich was huge and filled with brisket ,you got to choose what type of barbecue sauce you wanted from the bottles that are on the tables, it was absolute heaven. i also had the fried pickles, delicious and the baked beans had three different kinds of beans and some pineapple pieces, it was the best i had ever eaten. all of the products are homemade on premises. try it i am sure you will like it.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Tried the pulled pork sandwich and 1/2 lb ribs to go. The meats were very good - tender and full of flavor. The sandwich bun was good quality bread. However I didn't care for the taste of the bbq sauces - tried 3 of the 5 different types - one sweet, one spicy, one with espresso - they are made on premises, but the base for these 3 had a strange aftertaste. Didn't matter though because I opened the bun and ate the meat plain with a fork and it was delicious. The $8 sandwich came with a fistful portion of pork so you get a good deal. There are several standard bbq sides to choose from - we tried the slaw which consisted of chunky style cuts of cabbage and other vegetables (made without mayo). I liked this very much but it had a staggering amount of salt - almost knocked me off my chair - we could only stand a few bites of it. The jalapeño cheddar corn bread was a small cupcake size and was good tasting but I'd say not worth $2. Nice they offer banana pudding ($5). I'd definitely return for the meat and give the slaw another try, but would skip the sauces. The staff was pleasant and took the time to talk and answer questions. There are several locations throughout NJ. Store was clean - a bit dark inside - opened 3 weeks ago in the location where Dickeys used to be. If they maintain the quality and portion of the meat, they will do well here with us Forkians.