excellent customer service,it was a good experience for me and my family, I recommended this for every vacation.
This house has a very good kitchen, an indoor pool, and a rustic living room. Outside, there is a fire pit, and stream. Our group of 7 college friends had a great reunion weekend.
The house is in a beautiful location. When you first pull up it looks great. As soon as you enter the home you are hit with a musty/moldy smell.
The kitchen is huge and had all of the cookware/ utensils needed for our extended family of 14. It also has plenty of little tiny ants that were all over the counters. We had to have someone go purchase spray because they were so bad. The kitchen was also very, very warm. No AC and you can't open the windows or sliding glass doors for air flow unless you want to be inundated with flying insects, as there are no window screens.
The living room looks nice & there is free WiFi and Netflix. A large portion of the carpet was soaking wet due to the portable AC leaking. There are water marks all along the stone ledge across one wall & in front of the fire place. There were also quite a few cob webs & filthy windows.
The bedroom off the kitchen is also very warm, same issue as kitchen. Plus the carpeting in soaking wet from the well equipment condensation or leaking, not sure which.
The bathroom on the first floor smells terribly of mold. There is no exhaust fan & again, can't open the window for airflow unless you want to let the bugs in, no screen. Caution, the tile floor is VERY slippery when wet. It's also pretty grimy. This shower stall is extremely slick. Your best bet is to put a towel down & stand on that while you shower.
The 2nd bedroom on the qst flloor has 2 sets of sliding glass doors, one onto the deck one into the pool area. The vertical blinds are missing a lot of slats so no privacy, plus no screens. This room was actually the coolest on the 1st floor.
The indoor pool area is very large and seems very nice for large parties. Yes, the water is pretty chilly, but the site states it's not heated. We didn't mind that but it did seem quite odd that the shallow end is 6 feet. The pool needs repainted and there's a tile or two missing, but that didn't hinder anything. The pool room is very warm & humid. Some of the windows have screens so we opened them, but neither of the patio doors to the outside had screens. There appears to be a large exhaust fan but no one could figure out where to turn it on. The humidity was pretty high in this area wich we figured was somewhat due to 3 portable air conditioners being vented directly into it.
The 2nd floor rooms were adequate for our sleep needs but the bathrooms were grimy and very moldy/musty smelling.
The outdoor space is nice. There's a hot tub & a fire pit. Bring your own firewood. Luckily we saw a review that recommended that or we wouldn't have had any. The stair railing on the deck steps is a little loose so be careful there.
This could be a phenomenal place if a little updating was done, especially to the bathrooms. It's great sitting out by the creek, very relaxing. Bring your bug spray though
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Large groups|
Upon arrival of our 13 person party we noticed no garage that is mentioned in the promotional material. Well actually its there sitting in the weeds but non operational!! One of the previous reviews mentions the BBQ grill....it had enough greasy build up from the overflowing grease trap that it was in a pile behind the grill and dropping off the deck onto the ground. Now go inside the lodge and All reviews prior to ours are correct. No heat for the pool and even though temps were in the 90's the pool is frigid! No way could kids swim in it because it goes from steps with no rails down 5 steps that were a foot each to reach the floor at 6'. The sliding glass doors to the deck didn't work and were not able to lock because of this. The only air conditioning was the individual units in some of the rooms in the house!! They had to have condensation hoses on each one and they leaked. We had spiders and a mouse that kept us awake in the bedroom off the kitchen which also had no a/c unit! The floor was wet due to the water tank and water softener in the closet that had leaked so bad for so long that the inside of the door had mold growing on it as well as the wood rotting on the door jam. The carpet was wet our entire week long stay as well. Oven caught fire twice from being disgustingly dirty from no clean up. Garbage compactor in kitchen but it doesn't work either! Sewage smell from every bathroom in house was horrible. Only lights on outside of house that worked were shining in bedroom off kitchen with no switch to turn off but no other outside lights were functional. We called management company but it took a day to hear back from them. They sent out contractor, pest control and the day before we left the management came and brought more pans bc we had to cook meals in small pans several times per meal to have enough to feed all 13 of us!! Would NOT ever recommend spending good money staying here. Flush your money down the toilet and save yourself the frustration! Oh and nothing like having an electric disconnect notice on our door during our stay!
The place is not what they make it look like in the pictures. There's no air conditioning, therefore making it extremely hot during the day and uncomfortable to sleep at night. Also, they advertised that the place sleeps up to 18 people and it doesn't. They had a blow up bed but no where to plug it in. They had mattresses up in lofts for people to sleep in however it was extremely hot up there. So we took the mattresses down to the first floor and had people sleep on those. The indoor pool is 8-12 foot which wasn't mentioned and we had many people that couldn't go into the pool. The sliding doors weren't functional. They don't clean the grill it seems after their guests leave because it was horrible when we got here. We spent a lot of time cleaning it. They also need some bug and mosquito control for inside the house. The bedroom near the patio had so many mosquitos and things due to the fact that it had the only sliding door that worked.
It is spacious and the creek outside is nice.