“Great addition to Doylestown”
Review of Boccadito

Boccadito
Ranked #21 of 143 Restaurants in Doylestown
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner here. The owner is very personable and isn't trying to push food. We were thinking of ordering an additional small plate. It she encouraged us to wait to see if were full and could always order another then.

We had the Ceviche, Lamb sliders (our favorite), and the Cubano. The food was fresh and very good. The restaurant is BYOB, so our dinner out was reasonable for a Friday night. Try this place, if your slightly adventurous, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Kelly M

Reviewed 15 October 2016

6 of us enjoyed the place but the food wasn't good at all. A $12 entree tapas of meat and chicken was a mess of the toughest chicken ever made and it just looked like heck. Other items were a let down too. It's a shame as the owner and waiter were so nice. So, another yuppie wanna-be will bite the dust. Too much money for just way too little food.... if there were 10-20 $2.50 tapas so you could get 4-6 of them and bring your own wine it would be great.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

At a time when folks are becoming increasingly aware of what we eat and how that impacts our bodies and health, along comes Boccadito into sleepy Doylestown. As a D-town resident, I am the first to admit that I have been passing by this new storefront for over 6 months without giving it a try. Well today, I decided to go in solo and try Boccadito for lunch. With the help of Sophia (owner?), I ordered a very fresh chopped sald of fresh mango, fennel bulb, cabbage, cranberries, microgreens, cilatro and a great olive oil dressing to start. It was delicious. Because I was hungry and curious, I followed my salad with a pulled pork dish served over a flaky puff pastry croissant. The dish was topped with guacamole and a spicy mango salsa. Again....really good. Bottom line......wake up D-town! Go give Boccadito a try and learn for yourself. We should all want to encourage this type of new entry into our neighborhood...

1  Thank Bruce W
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is a small-plates (tapas) place. For the most part the food was tasty and the service great considering we were the only family in the restaurant!

Why 3 stars? Well the Fish Tacos while the Fish was tasty, the were stale. Why make such a great meal and serve it in Tacos sitting under a heat lamp?

The Eggplant stuffed with multiple sausages was good but the Italian sausage out-shone the other two. Could not taste any chorizo.

The Ceviche was pretty good too. Finally, the lamb lollipops were excellent. The sauce was unique and had a great mix of mango, parsley and some other great herbs and seasonings!

The big shock was that for a family of 4, at lunch time, our bill was $75 without tax and tip...and for stale Tacos.

I know this place could be better with a little more attention to detail and not pre-making stuff like tacos and puff pastry and putting it under a heat lamp...

1  Thank conradstx
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the food at this new place in Doyelstown. Menu is different, all fresh ingredients, small tapas size portions but great to go with someone and share a few plates. I will definitely go back and try again, I believe they change the menu often.

1  Thank Jh2522