“Best Sushi in Area ”

To-Yo Japanese Restaurant - Doylestown
Ranked #31 of 151 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I've been here a few times with my now 18 year old daughter. It's her go to place with friends. This time I was with her and my boys (21 and 12). We sat upstairs for the first time ever. Simple atmosphere and definitely not as crowded as Ooka. There isn't hibachi but their sushi is top notch. Miso soup and salads were also very good. Excellent and quick service too.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

This is a great Japanese restaurant, with the best sushi in the area and also good kitchen choices. They have a good and unique selection of “sashimi rolls,” which are their version of rolls with no rice. Even the regular sushi rolls are more fish than rice. Highly recommended, and the service is always good. Also good for takeout.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My wife, son, and I ate sushi dinner here. We went at around 5:30-6:00 PM and it was not crowded yet. We had good, friendly service. The food was terrific. It is on the pricier-side but if you are going to make an exception, this would be it. Variety of rolls and other foods.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I hate giving bad reviews but I just can't let this go on. My wife and I picked Toyo for lunch because of the reviews and because it was within walking distance of our B&B.

When we first walked in they were just opening. Someone was still mopping the floor, poorly, and gave us a dirty look like we were in his way. We were seated and proceeded to order. After I ordered I stopped in the restroom (single for men or women). It was disgusting. Maybe they should use some of the cleaning products they had sitting around all over the restroom.

We started with the miso soup which was ok, but I have had much better. The salad with ginger dressing had no flavor. For entree my wife had the teryaki chicken which was overcooked and dry. I ordered one of the box lunches which had three "maki" rolls. The three types of roll were salmon, spicy tuna and crab. All three consisted of a rice roll topped with fish paste. I asked the manager about this and that I had never seen this before. He stated it is a "maki" roll. It was average at best and I'm still skeptical as I've done research and still can not find sushi rolls entirely topped with fish past. Correct me if I am wrong.

Two drinks and two lunches. With tip $72 for two people. Definately not worth it.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

great tasting fresh sushi. good variety with reduced happy hour pricing so you can sample 'on a budget'. We made it our regular stop during Happy hour on weekdays and have tried most of the menu! Miso soup, vegetable dumplings are wonderful. The service has always been friendly and prompt. We haven't dined there for dinner (only bar). Don't miss this place if you are a sushi lover and are in the area. (86 West is down the road and known for good sushi...but this place is better and less expensive!!)