All reviewsgeisinger medical centergreat restaurantchain hotelslots of parkingvery nice staycoffee makerspacious roomfitness centerwould stay here againdanville areagreat place to staypleasant surprisemini fridgestaff was very friendlyhospitaltavernwedding
Reviewed 30 June 2017

A simple but honest hiotel, idealy located close to the Gesinger complexe.
Very clean and worth the Price, friendly staff and spacious rooms which are clean and large. Good for busines but otherwise Danville has not much to show.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
NormanMael, General Manager at Pine Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments.

I understand that you were in Danville to be seen at Geisinger, but the beautiful Susquehanna Valley has a tremendous amount to offer.

Within a 20 minutes drive is Knoebels' Amusement Resort, the best free admission park in the country. We have an unlimited amount of local and state parks, and Montour Preserve is a hidden gem that is 15 minutes away. There is live professional theater in Bloomsburg. All this before you even visit the beautiful town of Lewisburg.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing the Pine Barn Inn.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I have been going to the GMG for over 25 years when the VA Hands me off to them. This past Jun 07th....I never-ever knew how vast the Hotel is. They have like 99 rooms.!!!I was blessed with a ground floor.... shuttle to and from the Hospital....super room, a God Blessed High Tech Mattress, unlimited high pressure hot water, Frig, Free Ice, Microwave, 5 ....FIVE pillows with a heavy long blanket, ironing board and iron to keep my 'StripesRight'..... FREE real efficient WIFI, unlimited cable channels......super friendly and VERY helpful staff!!! That is very important! I had a night I hit the restaurant..... I got me their custom in house GYRO and Cheese/Chip/Artichoke dip!!!!! OMG!!! Semper Fi! Godspeed!! I will be back....just to sleep on a quality bed in peace and eat a quality meal !! Semper Fi! Godspeed!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Thank you - thank you.

Your wonderful comments speak for themselves. I wish my reply could be half as enjoyable.

As I am writing this on the eve of the 4th of July, I want to thank you for your service to our country. From Concord and Lexington before we were a country to the battle zones where are men and woman are serving today, we would not be able to celebrate the 241st birthday of this great country without their sacrifices.

Godspeed to you sir! We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The room was clean and the staff were friendly. They were welcoming when we arrived at 11:30pm and accommodated our request for a late check out. Restaurant is delicious with many great options. Highly recommend staying at the Pine Barn!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NormanMael, General Manager at Pine Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you - Thank you!

Responding to positive reviews never gets old! We appreciate that you chose to stay at the Pine Barn Inn, and your comments speak for themselves.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Beautiful property in Danville. Stayed here while on business. Probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Restaurant onsite. Fitness center. No pool. I can not say enough about this property. Simply outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you Minitrains for your wonderful review.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. We take great pride in the Pine Barn Inn, and it is always wonderful to hear that the efforts of the entire staff are being recognized.

We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to the beautiful Susquehanna Valley.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

I lived in the area for a long time and go back often to visit family. I have been staying here for 20+ years. They are making improvements all the time. If you are going to Geisinger Medical Center you can't get closer than this - you can walk. The restaurant is one of the only higher end restaurants in the area and the food is usually very good. Our family always goes there for our get togethers. There are two buildings. I always stay in the old building because that is where the single rooms are. The old rooms are somewhat old fashioned but clean and everything works. I know they recently replaced the mattresses and have new cable line up for TV. Wi-fi always works well. I don't like to stay anywhere else. They have new Banquet facilities that look nice. I see wedding receptions there

Room Tip: There is free coffee all the time. A coffee machine is in each of the two buildings and its pretty good for machine coffee. Usually a little fruit too
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Tom1107
NormanMael, General Manager at Pine Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you Tom1107. We appreciate your wonderful review.

20+ years of staying at the Pine Barn - you have certainly seen many changes! It is always great to hear when guests with local roots choose to stay with us. It is our goal to make people feel like the Pine Barn is a home away from home.

Thank you also for the nice comments about our restaurant. As the only full service restaurant in the Danville market, we certainly are the choice of many for their family get "reunions".

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Danville.